Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the hardline for my front brakes from the master cylander to the proportioning valve. there is a really ugly mulltipiece length in there, obviously not origana and it's leaky so I want to replace that length. Does anyone know the length and fitting sizes I need for both ends? I want to have the new piece before I pull out what's in there to save time...

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Not sure of the fitting size but you can go to a parts store and the tubing. I had to replace mine a while back. They will know what size by telling them your vehicle info. Be sure to get you some of those tube wrenches if you don't already have them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tube wrenches? I have a line bender already, other than that I want to buy a prefab line that I just thread in and tighten down on both ends.....

...I can't use tephlon tape to seal a leaky joint can I? I use the stuff for the 900psi fittings on my paintball guns but I assume either the pressure in the brake lines is higher than that or the fluid will eat the tape...if it IS possible I'd like to know, it's a minor leak, maybe a cup every 3 weeks but still, unsafe....

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Flarenut wrenches is what I was talking about.

Get you some of these cause a regular wrench will round off the nut if they look like they never been messed with or look a little rusty.

I think there is different types of teflon tape. I seen about 3 or 4 diff types at Lowes. May check into that. It's not all that tuff to bend it yourself. When I did mine they told me all they had was straight stuff not prebent (Factory Spec) stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can bend it, I just need to know factory length (maybe add 2" for myself) and what the threads are on either end...I am pretty sure they are different...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts