Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 4" rancho system on my 89 Bronco. When I was reinstalling the tires I noticed that the brake lines were pretty tight. All the local 4x4 shops and clubs recomend jus trlocating the brake line brackets. I have never done this is it a good idea?

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
they are probably talking about relocating the brackets to the bottom "C" in your frame. or welding brackets on the outside of the frame. why dont you give us some pictures so we can see the tightness of these lines. I would still suggest if its that bad get new lines

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Normally people buy longer flex lines. I haven't heard of relocating them, but that doesn't mean people don't do it...

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
x2 on the neer having heard of relocating them...get extended brake lines....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would but I still haven't figure out how to post pics on here. I am just looking for a quick cheap fix. So I can go on a run this weekend with the local club. I don't think I will have the money to replace them before saturday morning. I have to pay the house payment today. so 5.8 is there anyone on here who has posted a thread about doin the relocation. I did a brake line search and could retieve anything.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
I would but I still haven't figure out how to post pics on here. I am just looking for a quick cheap fix. So I can go on a run this weekend with the local club. I don't think I will have the money to replace them before saturday morning. I have to pay the house payment today. so 5.8 is there anyone on here who has posted a thread about doin the relocation. I did a brake line search and could retieve anything.

Crazed did it for his solid axel Ill see if I can drag a picture out you ca see what these people are talking about.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 5.8. I'll be looking forward to seeing a pic. I just am going probably 50 miles from home and don't want to tear a brake line. so I need to get it taken care of temporarily.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Just relocate the lines.All the lift kits we install at work on the F150's,F250's and F350's all call for relocating the brake lines and hoses.I used 2005 and newer front brake hoses on my SAS and just mounted them where they needed to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts