Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the line going from my master cylander to the proportioning valve....what is the length and threads involved?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Measure it.

I'd just pick up a length of line, bend it exactly like the old one, and reuse the fittings. (double-flaring tool required)

If you're just looking to buy a length of line that already have the fittings you might have a hard time finding it because a lot of times the fittings at each end of the line may be different from each other. Manufacturers do this to prevent line workers from installing the line incorrectly.

I've never seen brake lines from auto parts stores have different fittings at the ends. If you go this route you may have to find an adapter as well (Which I personally won't do).

You could also just try your local Ford dealer to see if it's still available, but it may be co$tly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW...sorry... 1986 Eddie Bauer.... the line that is there goes about 10" from point A to point B but is about 36" long twisting here and there..leaking at a joint pretty bad.... definately not factory...looks to be an adaptor down by the valve so maybe I just need a double ended piece, maybe 14" long with whatever thread goes into the master cylander? If I drive out to the storage yard I'll try to remember to take a pic....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well...I already said it was the line from the master cylander to the valve...so it's obviously the front... and I don't plan on MAKING the line...just curious what to buy...what is the threads in the master cylander?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts