Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short is my bronco is stripped down and I'm redoing all the brake lines. Also the abs system is now deleted. I'm swapping over to the 80-86 hard lines. Does anyone know if the 80-86 style mastercylinder will bolt up to the 92-96 brake booster? Trying to see what parts I need to order.

·
Super Moderator
27,423 Posts
Yo UncleBud,
Ih his 83; "... This setup worked fine for many years: an '87-96 master cylinder (with the guts of the residual pressure valve removed) & booster, a few inverted flare adapters, the original '83 proportioning valve (E4TZ-2B257-F)... by Steve83 @ 1983 Ford Bronco Brakes & Hubs pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
&
"I use brass adapters for my new MC -> old brake lines. The sizes are reversed, IIRC.
The advantage of the newer ('87-up) booster is that it's smaller. Otherwise, it's absolutely identical, so it's an easy swap, even when leaving the MC fully attached (no bleeding)." @ master cylinder / booster / hydro boost bolt spacing by Steve83

Confirm all above!
Also with the Hollander Interchange; provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

Reactions: Unclebud
1 - 2 of 2 Posts