Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what brand of brake pads does every one use. I need new front pads and possibly rotors but i'm tired of getting brake pads that won't turn my wheels black once a week. any recommendations on brands or certain things to look for in a pad that will give good performance and not leave allot of dust? I don't mind a few extra bucks if they work better than the cheap pads I've bought in the past.
thanks
Jason

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes ceramic pads will cut down on brake dust issues with rims, but theres never an even trade off, the ceramic pads will wear your rotors out quicker, and if u buy cheaper rotors they wear out even quicker.. the only other thing u could do is switch to a bigger brake set-up and keep the rears adjusted right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone experienced the ceramic pads make the rims hotter or too hot over the OE sem-mets?

Fighting a heat issue here and it seems the only thing left it could be are these ceramic pads (Duralast gold).

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,829 Posts
Usually that is from a mis-adjusted wheel being retaining nut or nuts.
However if you have done some quick from highway speed stops, I would expect to have hotter then normal wheels.
The ceramic pads are nice, I have used many Powerstop seem to be a good bang for buck. I agree that the HAWK pads work great, especially the tow ones.
Also kind of mis-conception that good brakes don't dust, if your after good breaking dusting is a sign of a better pad, also good (at stopping) pads are not quiet.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
439 Posts
Porterfield R4S if you want functional brakes and moderate/mild dust. They get better as they get hotter, I've never had them fade.

If you have hot wheels after a brake job, I'd also check for sticky calipers.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,571 Posts
Wearever silver pads from advance have gone on my vehicles many times. Never had an issue. Minimal dust

·
Super Moderator
29,437 Posts
Yo drinkbrew
We've used Motorcraft brake pads, Ford XU2Z-2V001-APA since first replacement with no issues.
Now why is font switching to upper case?

Reactions: dash_cam
1 - 10 of 10 Posts