Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago I changed the Caliper, rotor, and pads on front end(both sides). When I brake now I have some pulsating coming from the pedal. Not only that but the Drivers side front makes a clanking noise when I accelerate then when I apply the brakes it goes away. I looked thru my Haynes manual and it said check everything I replaced. I did yesterday everything is good. It Also said the suspension but it was just inspected 2 weeks ago by the local ford dealer.

I've been told the clanking might be from the hub and rotor not being pressed together enough, but the pulsating im not sure about.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I get the pulsating too. I haven't checked my brakes since I bought the truck though (I know, I need to).

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
The tabs on the pads have probably worked loose

Take em' off and pound the metal tabs to fit tight in the caliper again, re-grease the back of the pad again too with the brake lube.

It's possible the hub is loose, you could check that again I guess, but I'd bet on loose pads in the caliper housings

Sixlitre

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check that out today since I dont have to work.

I also repacked all of the bearings, I dont know if that matters or not.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check that out today since I dont have to work.

I also repacked all of the bearings, I dont know if that matters or not.
Okay, so you did re-torque the hub then ?

If so, then yes, it may be a loose hub.

Easy enough to loosen and re-torque

Sixlitre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts