Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the F-350/T-Bird upgrade about a year ago with good results. I then recently added the 1-ton rear brake cylinders and now the master cylinder is leading around the seal for the cap. It seems to just be leaking from the section for the rear brakes. Anyone have any ideas whats causing the pressure? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I did the F-350/T-Bird upgrade about a year ago with good results. I then recently added the 1-ton rear brake cylinders and now the master cylinder is leading around the seal for the cap. It seems to just be leaking from the section for the rear brakes. Anyone have any ideas whats causing the pressure? Thanks in advance.
GKR,
I have just done almost the same thing as you.I have a d60 in the rear.And 2 piston calipers form d44 f250 upfront.My m/c cap is also leaking.Oh it's a 78 bronco.The booster and m/c is from a 78 F350.I bought it from rock auto.com I sent the 1st one back and they sent me another one.It too is leaking.Looks like from the front brakes too.Did you find a solution?
TIA
Tim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I had to read this a couple of times to jog the memory:toothless
I ended up getting yet another master cylinder and that one didn't leak.
This was on my 79 also. Sounds like the same swap as you've done.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow, I had to read this a couple of times to jog the memory:toothless
I ended up getting yet another master cylinder and that one didn't leak.
This was on my 79 also. Sounds like the same swap as you've done.
If i get another one, this will be #3.Do you remember what brand you bought?These are A 1 cardone.
TIA
Tim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cardone. It took me two trys.
It took me three tries to get a non-leaking 1 ton master cylinder for my 96!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts