Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the wireing in the back of my truck doesnt work becuase it was all cut at some point and im now trying to fix it so i have a few questions

1. the dual filiment light socket for the brakes and turnsignal has 3 wires coming from it, one is red, one is either white/yellow, and other is black
i know the black is the ground and i know red is usually the posative but mabe not in this case because the whiteish/yellowish wire is connected to the running light on the side of the bed, so is the whitish one the positive? and the red the turn signal one?

2. is it possible that the older trucks pre 80's used the postive wire to controll both flash and brake light? what i mean is, does the brake light go out to allow the flash?

3. does anyone have a color coded wireing diagram for this damn thing?:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
2 are hot, 1 is ground....
black should be ground. your whitish yellow that went to the running light should then be the light part of the light, and the other wire is the turn/stop wire.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
colinlesser said:
ok the wireing in the back of my truck doesnt work becuase it was all cut at some point and im now trying to fix it so i have a few questions

2. is it possible that the older trucks pre 80's used the postive wire to controll both flash and brake light? what i mean is, does the brake light go out to allow the flash?
The hazard flasher and trun signal use the same filiment, if that is what you are asking. The brake light also uses the same filiment. The way it works is that the stop switch overrides the flasher and if the light is flashing from either the signal or hazard flasher, it will come on solid when you put on the brake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts