Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I have been completely replaced the brakes in my 96 bronco with a 302 recently. i disk braked the rear and have 8 lug front outters. I removed the ABS and ran all new lines. I put in a new M/C and booster that go to a f350 of the same year. I put a proportioning valve on the rear brakes that are now disked, but it is currently set wide open. The problem i am having is that the brake pedal is very hard to push and it will stay down after i apply it. The motor also boggs down when i apply the brake. I have already replace the booster once and bled the brakes several times. Any ideas??

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a vaccum set up, just like the factory one. a buddy mentioned that it could be some sort of check valve or that the MC wasnt bled corretly, does that sound right?? i've just already replaced the booster twice..

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i didnt get a chance to check the brake booster, the new problem is oil on the spark plugs not sure if they are related, but just in case, im goin to link that thread here. thanks again for the help everyone.

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, well i got the truck running again and the brake master cylinder is still disconnected, but when i starte the truck the brake pedal got sucked to the floor. then, i turned the truck off and it was still stuck to the floor, i mean, further than i can even push it, then i went to pull it up by hand and the booster went "woosh". im not sure exactly what it means, but i could use some help haha, just replace the booster??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.