Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I have been completely replaced the brakes in my 96 bronco with a 302 recently. i disk braked the rear and have 8 lug front outters. I removed the ABS and ran all new lines. I put in a new M/C and booster that go to a f350 of the same year. I put a proportioning valve on the rear brakes that are now disked, but it is currently set wide open. The problem i am having is that the brake pedal is very hard to push and it will stay down after i apply it. The motor also boggs down when i apply the brake. I have already replace the booster once and bled the brakes several times. Any ideas??

·
Registered
64 Posts
drum brakes have a residual pressure valve, disk do not need it so remove it(i don't remember if its seperate or part of the mc) and that will solve your problems

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, well i got the truck running again and the brake master cylinder is still disconnected, but when i starte the truck the brake pedal got sucked to the floor. then, i turned the truck off and it was still stuck to the floor, i mean, further than i can even push it, then i went to pull it up by hand and the booster went "woosh". im not sure exactly what it means, but i could use some help haha, just replace the booster??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts