Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Bronco that recently developed an issue of the brake pedal not really starting to stop it until it is nearly at the floor.
The drum brakes have already been replaced, there’s new brake pads on the front, a new caliper on the right front, and I’ve replaced the brake booster because I thought that was the problem.
I also discovered one of the vacuum tubes coming off of the intake was broken and the previous owner had just put rubber hose around the two broken ends.
The other lines broke pretty easily because they’re the stock tubing and it seems to be dry rotted and has gotten stiff.
I replaced the two I knew were broken, but it still didn’t fix my problem. It still seems like to me that I have a vacuum leak somewhere, or maybe my master cylinder is bad.

Any help with or ideas of what the issue is would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would start with a real good flush/bleed of the brakes. Air compresses, brake fluid doesn't, and that can create a soft pedal.
Ad a note, if you change I e caliper it is always best to do the same thing to both sides. Ie- both calipers, both sets of pads, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Will it pump up? Pump the pedal about 10 times and see if it is getting higher. If so then it needs more bleeding.
Does it ever have a good pedal and then sink as steady pressure is held?
Go over all the lines for leaks.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Yo PretendGraduate,
Welcome!
Ensure booster vacuum hose is good.

Pic in a 95 by Shadofax
See my Vacuum leak test in post #11 incl jowens126 HVAC Control Panel info & Mikey350 tests @ Help with dtc codes and idle
Excerpt; "When vacuum leaks are indicated, search out and correct the condition. Excess air leaking into the system will upset the fuel mixture and cause conditions such as rough idle, missing on acceleration, or burned valves. If the leak exists in an accessory unit, such as the power brake, the unit will not function correctly. Or Air Conditioning when in MAX mode may switch to Defrost."

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Take time to participate in our Full-Size of the Month & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.