Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently got a 93 ford bronco xlt and am having brake issue. The brakes work but they pulsate when I brake. Also the ABS light come on sometimes but then goes away later. Are these related? Please any advice would be great. Thanks :banghead

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys, I recently got a 93 ford bronco xlt and am having brake issue. The brakes work but they pulsate when I brake. Also the ABS light come on sometimes but then goes away later. Are these related? Please any advice would be great. Thanks :banghead
Well i just recently had mine do that except mine would lock up when stopped then when id go to take of the brakes would automatically keep the bko from moving....Long story short it was the abs hydraulic control unit and i just went ahead and did the abs pump and sensors to be sure....If i were u id just replace the rear abs sensor and see what that does i think at kragens there like 12 bucks. do u know for sure if its the front or rear? driver or pass side? any other issues other than pulsating?

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Replacing parts isnt a diagnostic tool. Remove the abs fuse first before spending money on anything. See if that stops them from pulsing. If so replace the fuse and pull the abs codes. If not check for a warped rotor first.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Usually a pulsating Brake Pedal, while braking during driving, means your rotors are warped. I don't know anything about what the other folks are referring to though.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
pull codes if there are none then it maybe a abs sensor going bad. the switch or sensor is pretty cheap.

·
Super Moderator
27,001 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pull the codes before pulling the fuse. Then if it still does it after pulling the fuse, then it probably isn't an electronic problem, it is probably something mechanical like warped rotors. Warped rotors could very well be the source of the pulsating.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Replacing parts isnt a diagnostic tool. Remove the abs fuse first before spending money on anything. See if that stops them from pulsing. If so replace the fuse and pull the abs codes. If not check for a warped rotor first.
Sorry im old school i usually don't bother pulling codes ,the way i figure it is if i didnt need the specific part then at least i know its new. pulling codes is good im not saying its not. if u know how to do it or wanna learn go for it. but i would defiantly replace the rear abs sensor no matter what because i can almost guarantee if thats not the problem u will have issues with that sensor anyhow for some reason they go out often..(from what ive seen in all my buddys any im in no way shape or form an expert just sharing some collective knowledge that will hopefully help)

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I worked at the Ford dealership, I replaced only 1 of those sensors, and it had a piece of gear jammed into it. I've never replaced one just because it "went bad". I've seen a LOT of them replaced, and then the actual problem was found.
ya well i took it apart and it was full of rust so either it went bad or i opened it up and threw some rust in there...so did u ever replace a axle on a 2004 gt 500? didnt think so, just cause u worked at ford and didnt see it or havent done it doesnt mean i cant happen. :banghead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts