Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no bearings have been replaced along with littarly all the brake parts, for some reason the brakes seem to be constantly applyiing but lightly, i even removed the master and it still does it, what could it be?

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean its fine to drive but it jsut constantly seems to be applying very lgiht pressure and causeing it to make a rubbing noise above 20mph

edit: i jsut went to bronco graveyard.com and realized they overcharge alot for their parts, a brake booster from advance cost $63, but one from JBG cost $135!

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are both pressing lightly, ive replaced everything, pads,shoes,drums, rotors , calipers, wheel bearings, etc, only thing left is proportioning valve but i dont know if it would cause this problem

·
Registered
166 Posts
You say that all brake parts are new, they do need a light pressure till they get the pads get shaped. If you jack your truck and turn the wheel it will not turn free and keep turning after you stop moving it, at least till all parts get the final adjustment given by driving and breaking. IMO

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
It's a caliper. Calipers have no springs or anything to push or pull the pad away from the rotor so of course they will always be pressing lightly. This is normal. Sheeesh. :doh0715:

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
we got that coming our way colin. weather chanel said tornado watch until 4 am CST. severe t-storms. also said storm could produce tornadoes without warning. great. :banghead

that's why i can't sleep, t-storms and lightning and thunder don't scare me. thought of twisters, gives me the willeys.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea that storm is some serious shit, we were hauling back 2 1947 ford coups and it jsut obliterated the windows, it was softballlsize here for a while

1 - 14 of 14 Posts