Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be doing my brakes soon...fronts and rears.

1993 F150 ext cab 351w 4x4 E4OD, originally came with 5 screw auto hubs.

I was hoping I could find a motorcraft rotor/hub assembly but Ford doesnt sell the assembly anymore...they "updated" their system and only sell each individually and the hub alone is $300+.

Who makes a quality rotor/hub assembly?

Ford was asking me for a axle code for the correct fitment but I dont know where to look for a axle code and there's a ton of oil/mud build up to take a quick look.

Also, who's a good remanufacturer for front calipers?

I need to replace my front brake lines cause theyre cracking and figured Id might as well replace my calipers.

Thanks in advance for whoever can help me. Would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
sorry, I can't help you but if you find a good affordable one please post it back up here for other folks in need.

I don't know if you will find them as one piece because they are 2 piece units that use the wheel studs to hold the whole shebang together. Stupid design, but that's what it is.

Good luck on your search, and if you find something let us know, there is a fella right now looking for the same thing on here, he posted a thread about 5 lug wheels with 2 studs spinning...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for posting a link. I was hoping there would be a online site with what I need.

But, that site says 95-96. Would it still work with my '93?

Searching this site, I couldnt find a product # for the rotor/hub assembly. That's why I went to Ford and found out they use a new "system" and do not offer the assembly anymore.

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
broncograveyard.com has the hub rotor assemblies as well

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
thanks for posting a link. I was hoping there would be a online site with what I need.

Searching this site, I couldnt find a product # for the rotor/hub assembly. That's why I went to Ford and found out they use a new "system" and do not offer the assembly anymore.
Not sure on the fit to a 93...maybe someone can verify a 95-95 will work on a 93.

Their new system was put in place about 3 years ago. It is a mess. When I redid my hubs/rotors most of the seal part numbers the had were not even close...

Here is the rotor, now to find a hub. But I bet the hubs are the same for the late models due to the Dana 44 IFS

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
No ABS

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/US...EM Bronco F150 Front Hub/Rotor Assembly 95 96

I have bought two sets from them. OEM Ford parts for the right price. It is interesting how these wholesalers get their parts!

That is who I used to buy mine as well. They have a store on Ebay too that sometimes offers free shipping.

You need to know the part # as they have many different numbers for Broncos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts