Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'79 400/c6 power disk/drum brakes.

Pedal feel has been getting a little spongy fast few days and felt like a vacuum loss - would stop fine then the pedal would slowly go to the floor at a light - pump them & it would hold up.
I filled the Master Cylinder (MC) yesterday but it was only down about 1/2 " front and back.
On my way to work last night the pedal would go all the way to the floor unless I hit it fast - I could spike it to get pedal pressure then brake normally. Then I was having to pump to get any feel. Then nothing - pedal to the floor until just above the floor would grab a very little, not enough to even hold against the transmission at a light.
When I eventually got home I figured that I had a MC failure or somehow blown both lines but there seems to be nothing wrong. MC is still just as full as when I put the cover back on (I used fresh DOT3). There still appear to be no vacuum leaks and I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

Please help!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I get for working a double last night - my brain was in neutral :( lol
Woke up after a nap and the brain kicked in - you were right about the MC being bad.
It was cheaper to buy a reman unit then the rebuild kit - weird. Anyway swapped it out in like 10 minutes, bled it, and am good to go! Better brakes than we have had in a while.
Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts