Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 bronco and on the right side just below the Caliper the Bolt that holds the slide piece for the brake pads snapped ! Easy-out wont do it. What is that part called (Caliper Bracket?) If so where do I get one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Junk yard is the only place i can think of. I had one break on mine and i used a smaller drill bit and drilled thru it and then hammered a small square easy out on it. Also use good penetrating fluid and mybe some heat. A small propane torch will work. if u nick the threads just go buy a tap and rethread it. hope this helps. It worked for me. By the way the hole is all the way thru so u can try unthreading it from either direction

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you know someone with a mig welder have them weld a nut or a bolt to it. The heat from the welding plus the perfect surface to put a wrench on takes it right off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I found someone with a Calipher Bracket $50. I'm all good now. I'm bleeding the brakes every few weeks because its just not grabbing good. I replaced all the brakes and the lines are not leaking I heard somtimes in takes a bottle or two!

·
Registered
106 Posts
One thing that many over look is the rubber part of the brake line system. When they are old and worn out, they can stretch and swell during braking which causes the brakes to feel spongy or not catch. Not sure if you replaced those or not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes the rubber hose lines near each caliper/wheel assembly. I have an 86 Jaguar that was a barn find. It had spongy brakes and after replacing the fluid and pads, I put new rubber brakes lines on. Made a big difference. The old ones were noticeably weaker.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
One thing that many over look is the rubber part of the brake line system. When they are old and worn out, they can stretch and swell during braking which causes the brakes to feel spongy or not catch. Not sure if you replaced those or not.
Check out the MC too. Had the same shitsponge brakes and replacing the rubber lines didn't help much, the MC was leaking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I repleaced the 2 front outter brake hoses. And bingo I have brakes again. One line must have collapsed. Thx again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts