Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a brake booster and master cylinder from a 1992 bronco or f150 work on my 85?
I’ve replaced my master cylinder multiple times and it leaks from the cap and runs down the booster and eats the paint off everything it touches and I’m tired of it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don’t know.

I had the same problem with my 80. What I did was file the gasket surface of the MC smooth with a diamond file (whetstone is fine too, just make sure it’s not too aggressive). I split a rubber hose and wrapped it around the wire bale for extra gasket compression.

I did suck out the MC fluid and stuff paper towels in the reservoirs to prevent contaminating the system with metal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know.

I had the same problem with my 80. What I did was file the gasket surface of the MC smooth with a diamond file (whetstone is fine too, just make sure it’s not too aggressive). I split a rubber hose and wrapped it around the wire bale for extra gasket compression.

I did suck out the MC fluid and stuff paper towels in the reservoirs to prevent contaminating the system with metal.
Ok thanks. I’ll give that a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts