Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a brakes write-up. I have a 96 5.8 L EB. I am looking for some directions to change the rear shoes, drums, springs. And more importantly how to bleed the brake lines? Can anyone point me to a write up, I cant seem to find one, but I know there has to be one here somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I would get a Haynes or Chilton manual for your rig first, then read up from there. Its pretty standard stuff, and they even have pictures. For more information i would take a look under the search button at the top of the page, this site is fill with great information that can answer almost every question you have.
Good luck
Jay

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
easiest way i have found to bleed brake lines is pick up a brake bleed kit at the parts store for a few buck it hooks to the nipple on your brakes and all you have to do is pump your brakes until the air is gone. you can get the same results with a piece of tubing and a cup or bottle filled with brake fluid if you have someone to hold it by the brakes and watch it for you.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
easiest way i have found to bleed brake lines is pick up a brake bleed kit at the parts store for a few buck it hooks to the nipple on your brakes and all you have to do is pump your brakes until the air is gone. you can get the same results with a piece of tubing and a cup or bottle filled with brake fluid if you have someone to hold it by the brakes and watch it for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an abs model. I just replaced the bearings, hubs, rotors and pads. My brakes are squishy when i press them (they were getting like this before). If I stop suddenly abs kicks in, when it should not be. I think this is because I dont have enough pressure in my brake lines, and I have to press the pedal down hard enough to make the abs engage. I will get the bleeder kit today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts