Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand. Spankin'. New. (Now with better pics)

I bit the bullet and bought a new wagon. This won't replace the Bronco, it will be my DD/work vehicle. After looking at every 1/2 ton truck on the market, and spending quite a bit of time in all but the Chevy/Nissan, the F150 was the hands-down winner. It's simply better in every regard.

I went with the 5.0 V8 because of the great rebates, and I'm just not sold on the longevity of the EcoBoost yet. This one is the XLT with the XLT Plus package, so it has a fair amount of goodies. I really like the integrated trailer brake controller and back-up sensors, and will probably really use the power sliding rear window. The jury is out on whether I'll use the tailgate step very much.

It obviously has the Off Road package, and the electronic locking 3.73 rear is a great feature. This is only my second new truck, so I'm excited as I can be!

Sorry for the crappy pic, but it's all I had time for:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good choice!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I'm still not totally sold on the color, but the wife loved it...and I have to sleep with her. Seriously, it looks great in person. I should have the matching shell in a month or so.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I really wish ford would make a nice looking truck again. I can't stand that front end, the bedsides are too high.

Nice truck though. Can't wait till I have some cash to get myself a good truck, those new F150s will tow almost anything a normal person would want to tow... got like a 10K tow rating on that 5.0 right?

·
FSM Lifetime
2,250 Posts
I really wish ford would make a nice looking truck again. I can't stand that front end, the bedsides are too high.

Nice truck though. Can't wait till I have some cash to get myself a good truck, those new F150s will tow almost anything a normal person would want to tow... got like a 10K tow rating on that 5.0 right?
I agree.

The 97 year was pretty horrible too... almost makes me glad Ford didn't make the Bronco suffer through that horrible style.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's funny how personal one's taste in vehicles can be. I think the F-150 is the best looking truck on the market, with the Dodge coming in second. I agree on the '97 F-150; I never could get used to that look. Of course, I remember thinking the '93s looked a little odd when they first came out, too.

Any of you guys have experience with spray-in beliners? I haven't had one done in many years, and there are a lot of brands I'm not familiar with. I'm not interested in doing it myself. I can get the Line-X or the Speedliner done for around $420.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one is rated at 9,300# (4X4 SuperCrew 145", 3.73, 5.0) I still can't imagine towing that much with a 1/2 ton, even if it's rated for it.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
i would like to get something new, just cant justify the money. i like it though

·
People keep buying my
88 custom with wiring issues
8,018 Posts
It's funny how personal one's taste in vehicles can be. I think the F-150 is the best looking truck on the market, with the Dodge coming in second. I agree on the '97 F-150; I never could get used to that look. Of course, I remember thinking the '93s looked a little odd when they first came out, too.

Any of you guys have experience with spray-in beliners? I haven't had one done in many years, and there are a lot of brands I'm not familiar with. I'm not interested in doing it myself. I can get the Line-X or the Speedliner done for around $420.
LINE-X LINE-X LINE-X!!! i dont know if they still do it but i got a lifetime warranty on my chevy so they'll patch any knock, scratch, or scrape i get :D

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer 5.8 tow package, keyless entry/security system
1,090 Posts
I love the color! There is nothing like a brand new Red truck! How is the power of the 5.0? Gotta be good!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love the color! There is nothing like a brand new Red truck! How is the power of the 5.0? Gotta be good!
The power is excellent. You would never believe it's only a 5 liter. The torque curve isn't as flat as the EcoBoost, and there isn't as much raw power on tap as the 5.7 Hemi, but I really can't imagine needing more in a 1/2 ton. The 6-speed auto does a great job, too. I'd urge anyone to go drive one before writing it off because "it's only a 5.0".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.