Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what seems like Years, I finally manned up and got what I realized I've been dreaming of for decades...A bronco. This is not my first, but damnit it's the first one without a blown up motor or trans (yet lol)

Wife and kids are doing a "cookie" day with the rest of the family Dec 10th at my house...that's my signal to get the F' out.

It was suggested that Big Bear is a good place to shine off my inexperience....
I'd like to set something up for that day....

Who can come?? Who has been there b4? Any video's that anyone wants to share? It would be nice to have a few people come up (and help my nube ass get unstuck :) )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
My first post.
I have be looking into doing a sas on the front of my 95 eb Bronco and up grade my 9"rear to match and found your thread.
I have heard of going to big bear with a 4x4 but never been there. I live down here in San Diego. I would be up to something new. I have been going to truck heaven a few times. That is a blast.
It seems like we have a lot in common. I also have a mustang. A 67 conv Mustang.

Lars

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
F you socal guys, yall got too many members down there

but really, have fun and remember to picture whore

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lots of great wheelin in big bear, Holcum Valley and Onyx Summit are the best in my opinion but havent been there in years.Check in at some of the local shops up there they will fill you in on the local spots

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
Not sure about Big Bear. But for your first trip with a new truck I would do something more like Cleghorn because there is cell reception up there in case something goes wrong on your new toy.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
congrats on the bronco. my first run was in big bear. truck did awesome. here are some pics and video of big bear. You can do gold mountain and a few others. Just stay away from john bull if you dont have a locker.

here are some pics and video from gold mountain and john bull
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197826

You can also hit skyline in corona. Its nothing hard core but im sure you will need to pop it in 4 wheel

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I'd go but with the way my tranny is running I don't want to chance it. Been there numerous times and ran several trails to include the first half of John Bull and Gold Mountain. I prefer to run Gold Mountain from the top down, but that's just me. You can pick up maps for Big Bear at 4 Wheel Parts on Indiana in Riverside. I have a couple of books on trails around Big Bear but they are at work right now.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
V8 only, big bear will be fine with big trucks with you, I wouldnt worry bout too much going wrong even without cell reception, Ive ridden a few of the trails up there, a few of the harder ones without incident with some "smaller" trucks. But hell, with RHAUF there I wouldnt even come close to worrying about anything :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, out on the streets, I'm one of the biggest trucks...only on FSB I'm still considered the "small guy"

Rhauf in for sure, who else??

I've got a couple of friends riding with me (bro and a friend)

I've also got my friend in a lifted 97 f150 4x4 coming, and another friend in a 4x4 ranger

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I might go if you run john bull...

Edit: Any lockers? What size tires you running?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn, I've been watching video's of John Bull from the past hour, and IDK, it's looking a little hardcore for my truck....It's got a 4" lift with 33's. No lockers, but it does have trak lok in the rear....

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
1st half of John Bull wouldn't be too bad for your new baby, I've done it in mine. 2nd half I won't even come close to trying.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then John Bull sounds good to me, so long as I can back out for that second half...

BTW, my brother is coming, and he's an amateur photographer....(hardcore into it as a secondary hobby)....so we should get some nice pics out of it too.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
v8only, just for reference, i did all of john bull with nothing but a 6" lift and 35" tires. i did get some rock damage and a few loose bolts on the subframe. and had to take a beer brake in the middle to replace a drag link. but it was a great time. i really want to do it again once i get lockers. i'm sure you saw it already on the thread that socal82 posted a link to, but here it is again.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts