Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Bone stock 89 XLT with the 302 and AOD trans. 3.55 rear end
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I own this 89 Bronco and the passenger side headlight brush guard has taken a beating.
Ill get some better pictures but it's pretty mangled.
I can't find a replacement or even the same style brush guard ANYWHERE
Anybody have any advice on finding a replacement?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,445 Posts
Good luck. They’re hard to find. Check the junkyards and the typical for sale sites. If you find one, but a lottery ticket on your way home. Lol

Usually you just see the center section type without the headlight guards. I’d try to salvage the one you have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've seen those, I'm very fond of this look though.
Thanks for the reply, Ill try but the bracket is mangled and 1/4in thick

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,201 Posts
Lots of junkyard hunting, or build a replica and have it chromed.....
What part of the country are you in? I can add it to my junkyard watch list, maybe I’ll get lucky and find something.....

Is it just the “headlight hoop” you need, or the main vertical frame piece?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Is it chrome plated? If so, you couls take a OA torch to it, bang it straight and have it stripped and re-plated

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,817 Posts
Or something very similar
View attachment 160906
Those are one piece, his is three. But still a good option for total replacement.

I never see bricknose brush guards in the JY. Seen and pulled two dentside, one bullnose, and an aeronose. I used to drive by a brick with an ARB brush guard all the time. Used to think to myself, that's worth more than the actual truck!

Reactions: BroncMom

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,817 Posts
View attachment 160882
I own this 89 Bronco and the passenger side headlight brush guard has taken a beating.
Ill get some better pictures but it's pretty mangled.
I can't find a replacement or even the same style brush guard ANYWHERE
Anybody have any advice on finding a replacement?
Get me a measurement of mounting holes, center to center, and an overall height and width of the headlight guard.

I have one of these I pulled off a rolled 92+ bronco in the JY that I could pull both headlight guards off. They arent perfect, but I can get some pics tonight if need be.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,817 Posts
Whoops, forgot the pic. This is one I had on my 94. Looks the same as the one from the JY.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[/QUOTE]
Lots of junkyard hunting, or build a replica and have it chromed.....
What part of the country are you in? I can add it to my junkyard watch list, maybe I’ll get lucky and find something.....

Is it just the “headlight hoop” you need, or the main vertical frame piece?
I’m in washington, and yeah just the headlight section. The drivers side is fine but the passenger side ain’t bending back.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it chrome plated? If so, you couls take a OA torch to it, bang it straight and have it stripped and re-plated
It is chrome but i’m not sure how they chromed it or how to tell. I’d have to get my hands on a oxy torch first but that is a solid idea. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoops, forgot the pic. This is one I had on my 94. Looks the same as the one from the JY.

Wow people are great on here! I appreciate the offer but the headlight extension on mine has different features from the one pictured that really make it for me. Thanks anyways

Reactions: BigBlue 94
1 - 14 of 14 Posts