Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I have a serious problem. I was working on replacing my radius arm bushing on the drivers side on saturday and ended up breaking the threaded end off the radius arm. I don't know how that happened, but it did. I used what tools I had, to conquer the task. I heated the nut with a propane torch, I used PB Blaster, and I used a cutting wheel on my drill. All these things and the thing would not budge. So, I decided to use a bar for leverage on the socket. It still did not budge. Well, I stood on the bar and with my weight (180) I managed to shear off the threaded end. My Dilemna is that I don't have a lot of money and I need to get my truck running again soon. Does anyone have any spare drivers side radius arms just laying around that I might be able to buy off you. I am in the Navy and stationed at Great lakes, il. I would be willing to drive and meet you if you are local or pay for shipping. This is a great website and I have learned alot, but I still have a lot to learn. Thanks!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Were you turning the nut the right way. I'm pretty sure you have to be under the truck to turn the bolts off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I was. I had a long pole I was using for leverage out from underneath the truck. I replaced my passenger side bushing no problem.

·
Registered
441 Posts
haha, your in luck. I just put a lift with extended arms on...

Pay shipping and it's yours!

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts