Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my driver side door cable snapped. For the past two weeks, I've been lowering the window to let myself out. I went to the Ford dealer and they want $96. That is insane. RockAuto has nothing. Where do I go?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the cable that connects the inner door handle to the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cable

I broke the cable in my 1992 f-150, but all I could find was older pushrods at the wrecker....guess what, the rod fits the 1992 and works great, just be sure and grab all clips, handles, etc, from the donor.

BB

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I finally broke down and got a cable off of eBay. I removed the end from the handle but I can't get the door latch out to get that end off. Any ideas on how to remove the door latch from the door? I removed the three screws holding it but I can't get it out.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
My passenger side cable broke a while back...the window doesn't roll down either :toothless

People love to ride with me :histerica

I'll either put a rod in, or do the bicycle cable thing. Or maybe go j-yard diving for it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I disconnected the necessary linkage and now it works perfectly. That took a lot longer than I would've thought. To think, I was going to swap the good cable on the passenger to the driver until I got a replacement. That would've been hell!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts