Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Results of the last run of '07

Hard to tell but the hub is split inside.

Easy to tell, that axle is fubar

Whoops, broken in 2 places. COOL!

Let's not forget the bearing inside the spindle.

Those were 30 spline outers.
Upgraded to 35 Chrome molys from Randy's

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
im running the 35 outer chro mo's to. so far , no problems.
you did a nice number on those 30's.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
thats the biggest issue with the 30 spline stuff, they are fairly tough, but when they let go, they take the spindle and hub with it. Many times, the shafts will mushroom, and the spindle is a mother to get off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im running the 35 outer chro mo's to. so far , no problems.
you did a nice number on those 30's.
:beer

thats the biggest issue with the 30 spline stuff, they are fairly tough, but when they let go, they take the spindle and hub with it. Many times, the shafts will mushroom, and the spindle is a mother to get off.

You're not kidding. This is my 3rd broken outer. (someone gave me 2 spares) All three split the same way. 1st one did the hub, 2nd killed the spindle just like that. I'm very glad this one resulted in just a bearing, and not the whole spindle replacement.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Ok... Dumb question. I've broken 2, 30 spline stubs this year and want to upgrade. Will the 35 spline stubs work with the spindles from the 30's??And how bout the hubs? Will the lockouts for the 35's work with the original hubs?
Slim

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... Dumb question. I've broken 2, 30 spline stubs this year and want to upgrade. Will the 35 spline stubs work with the spindles from the 30's??And how bout the hubs? Will the lockouts for the 35's work with the original hubs?
Slim
"There are no dumb questions" . . . . well, I take that back. There is always Roman.

My axle is a D60 out of an 86 F-350 and the spindles work for the 35 spline outers. I really don't know about other years.
The lockouts are different and need to be changed from 30 to 35 spline models.
Now Rep is telling me that he has broken some 35 spline warn hubs. Got me thinking about drive flanges.

Edit: I re-read your post and the 35 spline lockouts will fit in the old hubs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts