Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Yeah, that "synchro ring" is weak, especially on the Dana 44 version. I've seen several broken ones, all on Dana 44's.

I had one in my old Full Size Cherokee in an AMC20, but that was a Trac-Loc case, and the locker was significantly beefier than the '44 version.

For what it's worth, I don't think the No-Slip is any better, operationally, than the Lock-Right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Yeah, that "synchro ring" is weak, especially on the Dana 44 version."

This was the Ford 8.8 rear 31 spline 7/8" cross shaft. Got about 2-1/2 years out of light duty use. Just beyond warranty.

I've read of others having similar symptoms with their PowerTrax No-Slip not locking up, but most just seem to chalk it up to cold weather or something. I think quite a few of these out there are actually probably broken and people just don't realize it. I guess that's good for PowerTrax, but not so good for the customers. I think it's a flawed design/spec myself and PowerTrax ought to replace for free or correct the flaw. That part shouldn't break, it shouldn't even see any "load". But they're going to charge, make another dime off me anyway, and guessing it won't be the last time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts