Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic trim piece from the dash to the roof (Windshield pillar) has the screw holes broken out. The scew is there but the plastic around the screw is broken lose, so the screw will not hold.

Any ideas on how to fix or get new trim.

Bronco-Jeff
 

·
Go Navy!
Joined
·
710 Posts
Just get a ricer A pillar with guages and make sure you put autometer guages in there and DON"T HOOK THEM UP! It will look awesome. Oh yeah and a monster Tach for the other side of the dash. :rofl:
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,309 Posts
turp said:
Just get a ricer A pillar with guages and make sure you put autometer guages in there and DON"T HOOK THEM UP! It will look awesome. Oh yeah and a monster Tach for the other side of the dash. :rofl:

That's a good idea;







I couldn't afford clear ricer tail lights, but doing this made my Bronco feel much more ricerish;

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=4970&s=18066#content

and he can also use what is called a "finishing ring" or "cup washer", similar to what kenny714 is suggesting. Go to a lumber store and ask for those 4 cent items, could be the right fix and the right price, if the rest of the pillar is okay.

Sixlitre
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,685 Posts
$10 + sh for the A-pillar trim at the top. E-mail me if you want it. The box is gonna be big, so if there's anything else I have that you want, the shipping probably won't increase for a little more weight.



For anyone with an '80-86, this is a nice upgrade since it's 1 piece compared to the older 2-piece trim with metal over the door. This one fits '80-91.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,309 Posts
Steve83 said:


For anyone with an '80-86, this is a nice upgrade since it's 1 piece compared to the older 2-piece trim with metal over the door. This one fits '80-91.
Thanks Steve

I did not know that ! I know the 92-96s have whole prefabbed A-pillars with three gauge pods already in them. I had heard rumours the 87-91s were available that way too. Is that the case ?

Sixlitre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,024 Posts
Leave it to Uncle Malcolm to do purdy and yet practical!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,685 Posts
Sixlitre said:
...prefabbed A-pillars with three gauge pods ... 87-91s were available that way too. Is that the case ?
No idea. I primarily interest myself in stock parts' interchangeability - I know virtually nothing about aftermarket stuff.
 

·
Engineer
Joined
·
13,165 Posts
Steve83 said:
No idea. I primarily interest myself in stock parts' interchangeability - I know virtually nothing about aftermarket stuff.
What was that one quote from you Steve, you said you post in the technical forums because that's what you know all about and then somebody else mentioned you never post in "Anything Else" because you dont know anything about anything else. Seems kinda like the same thing :rofl:
 

·
Some assembly required!
Joined
·
5,402 Posts
A new piece of trim would be nice, but before you try that I would epoxy a small washer onto the backside of the broken out screw hole. Should be strong enough to hold the trim on. I like those two part epoxies that come in a double syringe for this type of job. Should cost about $6.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,685 Posts
Dave's Bronc 90 said:
A new piece of trim would be nice...
...the backside of the broken out screw hole.
:histerica :lolup

Sorry - I got distracted... What did you say, Todd? Oh, yeah:

:goodfinge
 

·
Go Navy!
Joined
·
710 Posts
Sixlitre said:
That's a good idea;







I couldn't afford clear ricer tail lights, but doing this made my Bronco feel much more ricerish;

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=4970&s=18066#content

and he can also use what is called a "finishing ring" or "cup washer", similar to what kenny714 is suggesting. Go to a lumber store and ask for those 4 cent items, could be the right fix and the right price, if the rest of the pillar is okay.

Sixlitre
Two things...
1. YOU HOOKED UP THE GAUGES!
2. where's the monster tach???
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,309 Posts
turp said:
Two things...
1. YOU HOOKED UP THE GAUGES!
2. where's the monster tach???
Yes I hooked up the gauges, even to read the temperature and volts, not just to light them for ricer-like bling.

Although I did install a reostat knob(on pillar in pic) so I could fade the gauges at night in case I was dying of shame at a traffic light or something.

The monster tach is just plain out. I'm just too cheap to buy one. There's a hundred more practical mods I can pay for on my truck for less than the hundreds of dollars the monster tach costs.

Besides they go to 12 grand and my stock 86 factory tach tops out at a much more realistic 6 grand (and still works).

Although it would be nice to defile my perfect new hood with a monster tach wouldn't it ?:toothless

Sixlitre
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top