Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I already introduced myself a couple of days ago.
Finally I found the Bronco of my dreams and bigger sister for my 66 Mustang Fastback!!

It is a 1979 Ford Bronco Custom

Specs:
Engine 351M,
4 speed transmission shifts like new
dual battery tray,
205 transfer case, 3:55 gears,
9 inch Ford rear end with 35 spline Detroit Locker rear 3rd member large case 3.250 bearing.
BFG 35x12.50 R 15 with 5 factory Ford Alcoa rims with spare.
Rancho RS 999000 series shocks 4 front 2 rear

2nd owner California car
86K original miles

The Bronco now is staying at the LA harbour, waiting for a ship to take it to Bremen, Germany ... then it will go to Berlin to get the final changes ( homologation) and then ... finally deep south to Munich.

Will take about 2 months ... sad enough

cheers
Ramon

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
congratulations..I'm sure you can't wait for it to arrive..what sort of things need to be done in order for it to be legal on the roads in Germany?

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
congratulations..I'm sure you can't wait for it to arrive..what sort of things need to be done in order for it to be legal on the roads in Germany?
I would love to make it do the Autobahn, a 200 MPH Bronco. But seriously I have family in Munich Germany, they get snow that would bury a Snowcat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@jermil01 Just the light and flash lights have to be converted ... the Bronco isn`t that old ... otherwise towing hooks

@445FE Bronco The snowing situation isn't that bad ... this year only one week and just about 20cm ... don`t know, maybe your family went to Austria for skiing
and the Autobahn is more for my Mustang !!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,227 Posts
Nice find cobranda. congrats. look forward to seeing some awesome Munich/Bronco scenic pics, if you are agreeable. ;)

what kind of plans do you have for it over there? Classic Resto/Mild show, Country Wheelin', Muddin', Rock Crawlin, Soccer Mom cruisin'?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My kids named her Chuck Norris ... they said she rides over the rain ... whatever that means ...

Will take pics for sure, but since it takes about 2 months until we ( the Bronco & me ) start our real relation, it will take a while ...

And I will drive her like a mixture of countrycruisingsoccermumwhatever ... wanted the Bronco mostly for the rainy days and wintertime ...

For sunny days I'll drive my other Ford V8 ...

Cheers
Ramon

·
Banned
345 Posts
Big money Ramon.

Got a pocket full of Euros.

Dont let your woman know you have a new relationship on the way.

Its like some of us Americans buy a European woman.. but for European men..they buy our old American vehicles. Lololol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
'@Ramon you have some really great taste and some impressive photography skills too. That car looks smashing as I’m sure that your new Bronco will be too! Do keep us updated when you hear about the updates and post pictures here too. I'll live vicariously through your posts until I can get my hands on something like that Down Under!

·
Registered
205 Posts
und .... ist dein 79 bronco angekommen ? irgenwelche probleme ? nechstesmal wennst nen suchst / haben willst gibe bescheit !!

bin selber auf ner Ford suche .... rost freien 2.8 oder 3.0 cosworth capri / 5 gang ( scheinbar auch bei euch nicht einfach zu finden und wenn dann ist er auch gleich wieder verkauft )!

viel spass
Franko

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi there,

so the Bronco finally arrived in August and I fell in love with her after such a long distance relationship.

After having some trouble with driving the spoongy monster through the tiny german streets we get along quite good.

Only issue is that I have to run the original tire size 235/75R15 due to the german officials ... but still fighting to put back on the 35"s.

@franko: mail mich doch bitte mal an wegen den Fords: [email protected]

Pic from our first real date on the trailer

[/IMG]

Cheers
Ramon

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have to run the original tire size 235/75R15 due to the german officials
Hi Ramon,
we have too tight laws here over Europe. Did you ever try the 31X10.5-15 tire size for the officials? Broncos had 10-15 tire size as an option (10R15 or 255/75-15 in metric measurement) which it is equivalent to a 31X10.50-15 size. It works for the TUV officials here in Spain.

The 235/75-15 tires are too tiny for a big geländewagen!

btw your Bronco looks pretty good, I like the 4-spd manual transmission

·
Registered
39 Posts
I may need to borrow some wheels like that when I move to Spain -do you have any ? I just got my new 8x17 (custom 4.25" backspace) Cragar wheels with 285/70 x17 BFG AT 02 s

·
Registered
39 Posts
although I still have the 10x15 with 33 x12.5" rtes too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I may need to borrow some wheels like that when I move to Spain -do you have any ?
I don´t have a set of spares but why do you may need them? (just curiosity)

If you need some wheels with a size similar to original ones the easiest way here is to find a set for a Suzuki or an old Jeep (same bolt pattern)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I may need a standard set of wheels/tyres when the car gets inspected and registered in Spain in January . If the 10x15" is a factory option I could argue its standard as I have those but with a set of horrible 33x 12.5 on them which on our small roads and my garage are a pain in the arse. What do you think ? Although it has a 4 " body lift too so this may also be a problem with the Spanish authorities ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts