Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, no better time to start it than on the way home grabbing the first meal of the day.

Made the 10hr road trip into the dark and slept in my truck in a rest stop parking lot, but it was worth it. I'll have more pictures once I've got it home and given it a good scrub, but here it is, #6, #5 concurrently and hopefully the last one I'll need.

It's cleaner than it looks, this thing is bonkers... I can't stop staring at it in the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it home, scrubbed it down and took a few pictures.

Fairly straight but totally solid.

Going to have to do something about that dent on the fender.

A backing plate, I've never seen on in tact before!

Wow, not only is the axle still painted but you can see the original QC paint on it.

Super duper clean rockers.

Not used to seeing anything behind the rear tire let alone something with paint. I also didn't realize that shackles and hangers were ever painted either.

The inside is grim, I've got a few hours of work before I even want to point a camera at it. That's going to be one of the tougher parts of this build.

Time for some rest... thanks Craig!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Looks pretty nice to me. I don't see a problem... Congrats on #6!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks pretty nice to me. I don't see a problem... Congrats on #6!
Yeah, I just need to protect it from these crap MN elements so I can sleep at night.

Going to wash it again, try and get some tailgate glass in it and stash it away for Winter.

Reactions: SRWillis and miesk5

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
612 Posts
Good find (y)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoops, bought another one....

This one is a bit nasty but it has seats, dash and most importantly the rear side panels I'm missing for my Goergia Bronco. I should be able to fix up at least two different Broncos with this one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow you are getting quite the collection.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow you are getting quite the collection.
Yeah, that is six. This rust bucket is for the 100% in tact Eddie Bauer interior and some other bits for my other trucks. No title, doesn't run (right now, I'll try) and it's had mice in it for some time, lots of damage from them. I'll have to take a picture from the bottom to compare it to the other, I didn't even want to touch it when I was strapping it down.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you ever want to sell one or two of those aluminum wheels I've been looking for a couple for a while now. If the price was right after shipping of course.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you ever want to sell one or two of those aluminum wheels I've been looking for a couple for a while now. If the price was right after shipping of course.
I'll keep you in mind, they are in surprisingly good shape compared to the rest of the truck.

Reactions: N2 Bronco's

·
Registered
571 Posts
Right on. Been wanting a full size spare and might have a bent wheel or axle yet to be diagnosed.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was annoyed that I couldn't get the tailgate working and I searched through a bunch of threads and remembered you can bypass the safety switch (has been for years on my 96) and that would probably fix my issue... and did. The bushings are shot on the posts, so it could be that, but I just don't need the hassle. I got the motor moving from the tailgate buttons but then it stopped shortly, first time I've experienced that on any of my Ford power windows but I knew what to do. I cleaned everything out, got me some 3/8 nuts and in they went, tight fit, but a good one. Motor now moves up really nice but is slow down, not sure if it is designed to be that way but I figure with the weight of the glass on the mechanism it should be fine. I need to figure out why it doesn't work from the switch on the dash, probably a wire or the switch.

I don't know why I had to do this now, in the dark in my pajamas, but it's done and I'm waiting for glass. Still holding out on getting something local, in due time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts