Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody , i would like to improve the intake on my stock 94 bronco , i have tried to search in the known manufacturers for a high performance throttle body but have not found one . Can anyone give me some input on this matter please ?
Is there in production a high performance throttle body for the stock 2 barrel tipe intake of this truck or is it necessary to upgrade to a gt40 tipe intake and customize the complete intake ?
i would appreciate any help given i reside in baja mexico and it's difficult for me to go to a perfomance shop .
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
BBK makes a throttlebody for our trucks. search around a bit a couple members are running them

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
What motor? makes a difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Kenny, same year and same engine...could you tell me something more about this part? Are you happy with it? My bronco is 94, with 5.0

Thanks to everybody!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Call me skeptical but I can't see a TB on a stock bronco doing anything except making your wallet lighter.
Even with complete intake/exhaust and 61mm TB on mine it only seems to add power above 3200rpms

Of course with a 5.0 you could probably use the mustang side mount TB and intake for the price of a BBK

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have to agree with Aaron, I didn't feel much gain in performance. With a K&N filter, Bassani Y pipe and headers stock heads and cam. On the engine I'm building I'm using the intake and TB from an Explorer. Kenny

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any updates on this thread? Is everyone dumping their truck intake and switching to the Explorer?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
The real trick with a GT-40 style lower manifold for the 5.8L is finding one in good shape, for a decent price. People keep porting these things like they're still made, and we're left with piles of useless junk in the end.

It would behoove Edelbrock to start casting replicas of those manifolds soon, perhaps even a replica Lightning upper with tubular runners.

You jerks with 5.0L engines get all the breaks, 'cept in the displacement and short-block-beefiness departments. :goodfinge

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's said to be efficient. What are other 5.0L Bronco guys doing to their trucks? Are they sticking with the truck intakes and porting the lower or switching to Explorers?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
im with kenny explorer intake and heads is the route im going nothing but good heard about gt 40 type intake
Wouldn' t you have to switch over to a mass air flow design, in order to swap in an explorer intake from the early to mid 90's? I have manifold absolute pressure system in mine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My '95 EB has mass air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts