Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into a four inch lift for my 79 bronco, i have been bummed because leaf springs were like $300, I just found an add a leaf system that would add 3 inches for $80 are there any drawbacks to add a leafs compared to new springs. Isn't it the same thing?

·
Banned
130 Posts
an "add-a-leaf" is just another leaf that it normally straighter and thicker than the rest of the leafs. it goes between the axel and the leafs... its basically a lift block but it can sorta help ya if ya have like a load it might take a little weight...
i suggest whole new leafs and longer shackles... but if the bank is tighter then a ticks ass then add-a-leafs are "okay"

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
IMO if only 2-3'' of lift is needed then the add a leaf is a very good option for a bronco due to weight of the rear. It will make the ride a bit stiffer but its not that bad. When I had one add a leaf in mine I could flex enough to still fully stuff 35'' tires with 4'' of lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.