Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellent man! Question: did you press in the spare tire studs before paint? Looks like you didn't opt for the hi-lift mount?

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet!, Can you take a close up of the latch?
Here ya go Bossind.

Is that a bumper you made?
No is made by Bronco Air.

Excellent man! Question: did you press in the spare tire studs before paint? Looks like you didn't opt for the hi-lift mount?
Yes i put the studs in before it was painted because i did not want to scratch it putting them in. You are correct about the hi-lift mount, i did not want i because i made a mount on my back seat.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Very nice. That's the best production bumper I've seen to date. Voted for your rig last month. Sharp.

FYI, Destaco is the king of toggle, jig/fixture clamping. Anyone interested in a carrier latch should browse through their products. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. That's the best production bumper I've seen to date. Voted for your rig last month. Sharp.

FYI, Destaco is the king of toggle, jig/fixture clamping. Anyone interested in a carrier latch should browse through their products. Good stuff.
Thanks yikes, i was just looking at you're rig and it's very nice as well and very nice fab work BTW.

The latch is nice but i need to paint it black an do something about the red handle.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Looks good...but I dont care for the latch set up....one looks easy for some moron to walk by and just flip it down with out you knowing, and two it doesnt really latch for back and forth movement, seems to clamp down and looks like it would rattle of easy.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, is there a bump stop to keep it from hitting the tailgate when you swing it closed?
Yes there is,if you look at at the latch pic's just to the right of the latch you can see the stop and it also has a pin lock on the spindle.
You can see here.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Very nice!

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,827 Posts
Bump for stan the man :thumbup
Oh I've seen it numerous times now. I just choose not to respond because the bumper is so damn beautiful. I really wish I had the money to put in one of those, but I dont. Im going to try and build my own, worst case scenario, I scrap the so-called bumper Im going to make and start over. :thumbup

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh I've seen it numerous times now. I just choose not to respond because the bumper is so damn beautiful. I really wish I had the money to put in one of those, but I dont. Im going to try and build my own, worst case scenario, I scrap the so-called bumper Im going to make and start over. :thumbup
You'll probably appreciate trying to build your own in the long run. Getting these bumpers was definitely instant gratification :beer

You'll learn a lot more about metal work than I did just buying these too, best of luck ****!

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would have loved to build one myself but i know it would take me forever because i am lazy and if it was not coming out good i would lose interest real quick. Plus i know it would not look as nice as the bronco air bumper.

I know the bumper is not cheap but buy the time i buy the all metal and other tools that i don't have it probably would have cost about the same. So to me i am ahead of the gamebecause it's already done.

I say if you have the tools,time,skill and motivation to build your own go ahead and do it. I have seen alot of really nice D.I.Y bumpers so its not imposible to make something nice just takes time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.