Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets cut to the chase.
I have seen a few Bronco "Lightning" clones and I do like the looks of them but, the one major problem is that they are not "true" lightnings.
The F-150 lightning was built to be a street performer.
The clones I have seen are more suited to be a Bronco "Raptor"
Very cool but, still at home in the mud.
I was able to score another Bronco for parts and the body is actually in pretty good shape.
My thoughts were to pull the body off and put it on and F-150 2WD frame and running gear and transform it into a street machine.
My thoughts are a junkyard regular cab, short bed F-150.
I would think that the frames and mounting points should be the same but, I was looking for someone who might have done something like this before...

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
so you want to remove the bronco frame, and replace it with a shortbox f150 frame? aren't those frames the same anyway? i'm not sure i get what you're trying to accomplish here. why not just swap the suspension, trans, and engine and stuff onto the bronco? wouldn't it be the same?

·
Registered
820 Posts
you could just take the ttb out and put in a 2wd front axle, take out the t case and use the L tranny and shorten the truck driveshaft, reg cab short bed 150 frames are longer than bronco frames

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
you could just take the ttb out and put in a 2wd front axle, take out the t case and use the L tranny and shorten the truck driveshaft, reg cab short bed 150 frames are longer than bronco frames
And adding to that, I would think the frame horns for the cab are significantly different, e.g. you would have a low to the ground bad az 2wd truck suspension, and a freakishly tall body lifted Bronc tub on it...

I second the swap everything over to the Bronc, versus Body swapping the Bronc onto the p.u. frame

·
Registered
294 Posts
The front suspension is a bolt in deal to go from 4WD to 2WD or vice versa. Like stated before the short bed frame is longer than a bronco frame. Also if you swap cabs over, the only 2 that would line up are the rad. support, and the front body mounts. If you were to put a bronco frame on an f-series chassis, you would need to make center, and rear body mounts onto the frame. Or if you put a pickup cab on a bronco, you will need another crossmember for the rear cab mounts.

·
Your mom gagged on my
1,664 Posts
For the amount of fab involved, you'd be better off to drop n swap. Ask me how I know. :goodfinge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts