Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem

when i use the brakes the car is go to the left side !!!!

i replace the right pump and it is still the same
(i bleed the rear left and right pump)

who knows the problem

the car is a bronco from 88 302 engine whit normal brakes

also the brake pads are almost new and the other pads also

·
Registered
201 Posts
BLEED ALL FOUR CALIBERS STARTING FROM THE FURTHEST ONE FROM THE MASTERCYLINDER (RIGHT REAR). MAKE SURE U HAVE ONLY CLEAN FLUID COMING OUT. THEN MAKE SURE ALL UR BRAKE HARDWARE IS LUBED UP IN THE FRONT. THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO. YOU MIGHT HAVE AIR TRAPPED IN THAT RIGHT FRONT CALIBER NOT LETTING IT FULLY ENGAGE THE BRAKES.

·
Registered
710 Posts
prado and zino? where are you folks from?

prado is right, try bleeding your brake system first, starting with right rear, then left rear, then right front, then left front.

If that is not the case, the other thing he mentioned is quite possible, the pistons that your calipers move on could be hanging up, make sure they are clean and move freely (put some high temperature grease on them).

Other than bad calipers/wheel cylinders then the only other course of action would be replacing brake lines, sometimes the metal brake lines have rubber inside of them and that will collapse causing a partially blocked line. I assume that all your pads/shoes are good and not rubbing metal on metal...

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bleed and bleed and there is no air in it

can it be the adjuster from the hand brake ???

i ame from belgium

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Adjust your rear brakes with the star wheel through the adjsutment hole in the backing plate. Lift the rear axle so both tires are off the ground. Rotate the tires and turn the star wheel until the brakes just start to rub. Do both sides so they feel the same. If you tighten to far, you have to get a long skinny screwdriver to push the self adjsuter out of the way to back of the adjustment wheel, Once you get them both even, if it still pulls, it may be time for a slave cylinder rebuild/replacement in the rear or calipers up front.

·
Registered
201 Posts
IM FROM SOCAL. TRY TAKING UR RIGHT FRONT CALIBER OFF AND TRYING TO ACTUATE IT WITH COMPRESSED AIR TO SEE IF THE PISTON IS SEIZED IN IT. MAKE SURE U SLOWLY APPLY THE AIR AND U HAVE A SMALL BLOCK OF WOOD BETWEEN THE PISTON AND CALIBER. IF IT COMES OUT GOOD THEN MOST LIKELY U HAVE A COLLAPSED LINE OR BAD MASTER CYLINDER. MAKE SURE U GET A NEW DUST BOOT FOR IT TOO IF YOU DO THIS TEST.

·
Registered
201 Posts
AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE HAND BRAKE THAT MECHANICALLY ACTUATES THE REAR BRAKE SHOES. WORRY ABOUT THE FRONT BRAKES FIRST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts