Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seems like a good a place as any for this topic.

I am curious who else here has a Broncoish Buggy? I know Gary (scoop) does.

I built my chassis last spring after a lot of debate. The last straw was when the throw out bearing took a dump and I was not going to pull the trans just to put it back in. On top of this I had taken the lead sprung rig as far as I could technical trail speaking.

I absolutely love the capability of this rig, although I miss being able to drive it on the street.

First trip was to the Rubicon, an annual trip for us. The build started May 1st, the trip was July 29th. I just made it, was not completely finished but was drivable!

Now I am to the point of having time to finally finish it and also take care of a few items needing adjustments.

New winch!

Out with poor shifting cables for the transfercase and in with linkages.

And some fresh paint

·
Registered
185 Posts
Now that is cool

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,385 Posts
you could street that here in Indiana...
Cool Build.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey what diameter tubing was used?

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
515 Posts
Very cool build!! As far as being street legal, see what your state requires as each is different, usually head/tail lamps, blinkers, horn, seat belts, license plate lamps, laminated glass windshield & a mechanical park brake, D.O.T. approved tires. Not a ton of items needed to register an assembled vehicle to make it street legal.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,152 Posts
What happened with the 79 title? Did that go away with the fullsize body?

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What happened with the 79 title? Did that go away with the fullsize body?
I still have the title and it is "registered" and in NV is considered legal.

The main issues are sticky compound race tires, and no windshield.
I suppose I could drive it on the street, but these tires are not cheap!

At some point I'll build another street rig.

The chassis built from 1.75" DOM .120 wall and .188 wall

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,152 Posts
Gotcha. I was gonna say, on my side of Nevada I wouldn’t be afraid to drive that around town as long as it was “registered” and had a plate on it. At least not afraid of getting in trouble with the law. But I know what you feel on tires and such, I feel bad wearing out my crusty old BFG’s on the street, I can only imagine how it is with expensive, rapid dissolving stickies....

Reactions: raleigh

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
515 Posts
I still have the title and it is "registered" and in NV is considered legal.

Well in that case, maybe just a spare set of tires you don't mind trashing on the street is all you need to worry about. As long as you don't need to get a state inspection, I wouldn't be too concerned.

...of course I'm the beg for forgiveness type!😅

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lexan sheet zip tied to the tubing when needed?
I thought about this, more for dusty conditions than anything, my thought was velcro strips though

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
That's cool.

Reactions: raleigh

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little more progress, moving slow due to a pinched nerve which has killed my right arm and shoulder.
Getting an MRI tomorrow, not sure what happens next but I will find out soon I suppose.

Anyhow, hopefully get the rear quarters finished up tomorrow and make the hood on Sunday, have a trip planned for the following weekend, should be a good time.
20210226_161516.jpg

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rear quarters are done, should be able to get the hood done tomorrow and the top, then it's ready to wheel again!

Reactions: El Kabong

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got a chance to flex the Bronco a bit and check for clearance of the tire to chassis, which rubbed at full turn before.
Now I have about 1.5" of clearance, much better!
20210228_074751.jpg
20210228_074804.jpg
20210228_074829.jpg

Reactions: bmad01
1 - 16 of 16 Posts