Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started on the teardown of the Bronk:cry tryin to be tough about it.... No actually its been easier then I thought. :twak :twak :twak
Anyways I got decently far on it, the whole top side is disconnected, started on the bottom but need to get a set of rusty and slightly stripped and definatly torqued to 400FT LBS collector bolts off.

I also changed the spark plugs on an 01 Audi A4 with a 1.8T. Lemme say thats the easiest job ever.

Anyways on to the pics

radiator out

Pile of stuff im keeping. I gotta find a buyer for my headers though.

Pile of small stuff thats going with the truck

Just got motor mounts, bellhousing bolts, that header and shes out!

I started on the motor since I had some helpers:thumbup

·
0 Posts
What exactly are you doing to that bronco?

Why are you tearing it down?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold her

Minus a couple things... namely the engine and gauges sound and some odds and ends

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Somebody wanted to buy it minus the engine???:shrug Why without the engine??

What are you gonna do with the engine?

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
I need headers!!!
wrong year though :(

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mogley said:
Somebody wanted to buy it minus the engine???:shrug Why without the engine??

What are you gonna do with the engine?
Because the engine cost me roughly 5 grand from exhaust to clutch to air filter.
Its gonna be going in here, where it would be more at home anyway, since it was built for a mustang.

I may be moving in October after I am gone for training starting in July and we couldnt take 3 vehicles. I always wanted to put the engine in the Mustang and build a 351 for the Bronco... well this is cheaper Plus I was sick of all the stuff I still had to finish on the bronco since it served as dd to work an back often and sometimes I had to rig stuff up.

It was easy to sell it without the engine... charge way less then what its actually worth and sell right after tax time. I had a call the first day in the paper, it sold in 30 minutes
Ive sold a 79 blazer rolling chassis for $200 bucks... some people arent afraid of some work, if the truck isnt gonna be a DD.

Heres the thread where I came to this conclusion...
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60182&highlight=selling

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PaulT said:
I need headers!!!
wrong year though :(
and they are for GT-40P with no emmissions

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the hobby shop. This is the same exact stall where I installed the engine almost exactly 4 years ago.

This is difficult all by yourself. Even scary when the back wheel lifts off the ground because you dont have the front ones out far enough

How I got it all home. The tire was ok to close the tailgate without the engine on it, but once it was in I could get it to close because of the WP pully.

And what I missed my son doing while I was out getting dirty

He literally learned how to climb steps this morning.

"what am I doing wrong??":shrug

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joes93Bronco said:
not a darn thing little man! climb climb climb!
Dont encourage him lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts