Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first... I was telling Saltlife about this and figured I'd post it for everyone who has a dog and likes to take Doggie out in a topless Bronco, but doesn't want poor Doggie to jump out...

Go to hardware store, buy 2" ring. I think its 2", may be 1.5". Removed the seat latch bar, put the ring on it, reinstall bar.

And no, it doesn't get in the way of the latch... I've had the seat fall backwards and land on the bar unintentionally... the ring has been on there for years and I've never had a problem with it being in the way...

Now all you need is the short length of whatever to secure Doggie.

I use the yellow rope, I'll explain it in a minute. I've also used the chain - eh, chain is noisy and stuff, but it'll work in a pinch.
If you're a real Boy Scout and can tie knots, then buy some rope at the hardware store and tie the rope up to two snaps... with swivels! The swivels on the snaps/hook is important...
Its a little over 2 foot long.

Obviously the yellow one needs another snap on the end, to get it on the ring... der.

If you're super lazy, go to your local feed store, Tractor Supply, or other horse supply place that sells horsey stuff and ask for a trailer tie. It has a nifty "panic snap" on the end that can be released with one hand. These come in 2 foot and 3 foot lengths.

Ok, the yellow rope is super cool. Its nylon I think, the stuff you can burn and it melts and sticks together...
When you push it together, the weave opens up... you can kinda see the other end of the rope inside the open weave.

You can stuff the end of the rope inside itself and then when its pulled tight, there's no way its coming apart like Chinese finger trap. I think you can get this stuff at again, the horse place that sells bulk rope, or the hardware store. Its good stuff, we make all our trailer ties and cross ties for the horses out of the stuff.

Pulled tight...

Ok, here's some super secret sneaky Bronco pics...

Skyjacker shocks...

Procomp 6" leaf springs... :toothless

Lifted Brutus Bronco... :haha

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Looks awesome Mels. And thanks for the tip on how to keep our pets safe.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
That ring trick is pretty slick, I didn't think of that! Thanks Mels!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bronco has a nice stance to it now.
Thanks, hopefully tomorrow I'll get it out and get some better pics. Its still missing one shock on the driver's side cause of the bolt for the trac arm drop bracket is too long or some shit... my brother has to put a shorter bolt in it.

Its been done a week and I still haven't driven it yet. :haha He drove it down the road to put gas in it and said it drives like a dream now.. I imagine so, the whole front end was worn out BAD... its got all new poly bushings. :toothless

Oh and when I went to take those pics, somehow a little birdie had gotten under the tarp and was flying around in it like crazy, lol,

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Nice little write up. I never thought of putting a link on the back seat rail like that. Definitely cool. How far does the 2 foot rope give them? Are they able to peek their head over the side? I think it would just miss that point correct?

Also the bronco looks good too. Lift is new right (or used but new to you...)?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, when I measured, I put the dog in the truck and let her just reach the edge where she could get her nose out, but not enough room to stand on the inner fender. This was my medium sized lab. So depending on your dog's size, and what kinda collar you have, you should measure for your particular application/dog... and how much room you want them to have. If I remember right, it wasn't enough that she could reach the tailgate... but she could hang her nose off the side... I would think 2-3' would be about standard for any dog.

The front coil springs are used, but the rear leafs are new... so the back needs to settle some, its a tad high in the rear...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts