Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 1990 Bronco and I would like door inserts like the older broncos have. I have seen them so I know they are out there. I found them once online and now I can't again. Can anyone post a link where I can get them. I've only seen one kind which is like an outline, but other kinds would be great to.

-miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no, not like door parts or a new door. I mean like the fiberglass door insert so its more of an open cab. Like the old 69-77 broncos.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Steve83 said:
Are you talking about the door panels? Why would you go backward? The '92-96 panels are MUCH nicer
I'm sorry but thats a wrong answer.
The most appealing door panel is the 86 with PW&PDL, with the aluminum trim ring and felt inserts

DarkWizard505 said:
no, not like door parts or a new door. I mean like the fiberglass door insert so its more of an open cab. Like the old 69-77 broncos.
I thought people made there own, I didn't know someone manufactured them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, i didn't see it on those sites. I saw one guy on the site with them and ask him what he did. But there IS a site where i could buy them.

·
Well Done Man!
1,620 Posts
I have never seen them.
I had a guy all ready for me to make some, but changed his mine.
Just get a set of doors, and who ever has the cheapest soft doors (either Jeeps, scout or EB's) and cut away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, well any where i can get different kinda doors, not this normal full size window ones. I lovge having the top off and i want it more open.Any half doors or soft ones? anything out there i can get?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
So, this is what you're wanting -

Unfortunately, if you don't DIY, or find a shop to do it for you, I'd be happy to build a pair. Shipping shouldn't be too bad either, given the considerable weight savings

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, something on that line, this one guy on here has ones i love. Some sort rag door or something to go with the soft top for rain mainly. How much would it cost me to get you to make me up a pair?

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
1,303 Posts
I personally think it would be nice to make a tube frame, so it would bolt right in and latch to the factory hardware and could be easily pulled off in seconds. Put some fiberglass over it, so it still looks somewhat sturdy and clean looking. And then it'd be cool to integrate some crank windows, or if nothing else, that clear plastic that snaps on, or something. Or even a piece of plexiglass that can slide up and down to be fully open or fully closed. Then put some speaker pods on the floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts