1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Yeah, I saw that posted on the ECBR list. I guess that's where you found it and in which case you already know what I said. :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
derrick36 said:
Hey thats not fair...The rest of us dont.
Sucks for you then. :toothless

I think people would really be surprised if they found out - if my
memory is right - John and Tom actually started out working for a mag
on MGs [little British cars] and now I know John is also working on a
mag for Sweets [candies, cookies and such.] It was interesting to me
that they are interested in putting out mags about things they don't
really know anything about. I can't remember, but I think at the time
BD started, John and Tom didn't even have Broncos. *shrug*

I need to go dig up some old emails from when I was writing back and forth with John. I will say also, I met John and Tom both and they're good guys, so I'm not gonna jump to conclusions just yet.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im just waiting for an explination. Im sure other mags have been guilty of something like this, but WHY? It aint right, and kindof makes me question what else they double publish with their own editing.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Looks like they're just trying to make money however they can. They aren't really hurting anybody but where do they draw the line?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
lots of magazines doble publish crap all the time.
especially with top truck challenge and crap like that. four wheeler and petersons do it all the time.

·
Administrator
22,845 Posts
BroncoSka said:
lots of magazines doble publish crap all the time.
especially with top truck challenge and crap like that. four wheeler and petersons do it all the time.
correct but do they actually change the types of vehicles to match the magazine?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have seen articles shared between publications before, with minor changes to make them appear unique. It normally does not bother me, as long as they are consistent and accurate.

I have to say however, that if it was indeed the publisher that changed the names, and not a double submission by the wife (for who knows why?), than it is a tough pill to swallow.

If they are tempted to publish inaccurate filler letters to get the mag out, what will they do to the articles that amatuer builders and hobbyists rely on?

·
0 Posts
I see broncos in my bronco driver magazine.

i see no mini blazers or jeeps in that mag.

THAS = Good!

shitty mini-blazer= teh HaHa's

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Be sure to post a link when/if the truth is ever revealed... In the meantime I'll be boycotting both mags (easy for me since I don't read either one anyway... :toothless )

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Whats the big f'n deal?

dont your read a magazine for intertainment anyhow? its not like someone is changing the words in the bible or something. It's just a 4x4 magazine :twak

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Well, I think the big difference between Bronco Driver doing something like this and Peterson's or Four Wheeler doing it is the fact that Bronco Driver's big thing is "For The Enthusiast BY The Enthusiast." It's not like a bunch of writers talking to each other and being like, "sure you can reuse what I wrote and change it." This mag is supposed to be printing things from us everyday people and not changing it to suit their own needs somewhere else.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
journalistic integrity, what is it good for?

absolutely nothin! huhhhh, say it again...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Well, I think the big difference between Bronco Driver doing something like this and Peterson's or Four Wheeler doing it is the fact that Bronco Driver's big thing is "For The Enthusiast BY The Enthusiast." It's not like a bunch of writers talking to each other and being like, "sure you can reuse what I wrote and change it." This mag is supposed to be printing things from us everyday people and not changing it to suit their own needs somewhere else.
What if the letter actually was originated from a jeep owner?

I agree with you...and I would be perty mad if I paid for something that's not the real deal, but I don't so I guess I don't care :toothless

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I know I will not be wasting my money with them. If they lie about one thing how do you know they aren't doing the same about something else...what if it was more important type of information..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I should read a little better.....I went off on a rampage and lost it...Had to edit.........The "more" I read about it as long as I would never see or read the word Jeep in the Bronco Driver mag....Id be fine with it......It does cheapen the mag though....No thought or feelings towards the true Bronco based Drivers.......But if its a very good tip......Why not.....Just dont make it a habit.........Im gonna wait to finally get my subscription of it.....I was actually considering getting it but know Ill wait a couple more months............

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dont feel to bad Ive had broncos my whole life and my wife is a jeep lover. She just told me that her trans is junk so i have to find one of those now.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts