Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im looking at getting rid of my stock exhuast on my 1993 5.0 Bronoc. My question is does anyone have any reccomendations on decent but not highly priced exhaust. Also, would this work and would anyone reccomend it. Also, if anyone lives in the Metro Detroit area, where can i, if possible, buy a system and get it installed. Thanks.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17410/

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That's just a muffler and a tailpipe, not really going to do anything for you.
There a lot of threads discussing exhaust upgrades, search around.
The general breakdown:
Replace the stock YPipe with a Catco, Bassani, or something custom. ($100-$300) - this is the biggest improvement
Ideally upgrade to 3" out (from the stock 2.25") and continue 3" the entire way
Hi Flow 3 Stage catalytic converter to replace the stock two cat setup (Catco and Magnaflow make some good ones)
muffler of your choice (hooker aerochambers and flowmaster 40s are popular) or straight pipe
Mandrel Bend Vortex tailpipe from AutoZone (they need to special order it, Part # M30001, $50)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nope, I went through this last week.
Autoanything has the Bassani Y pipe and BASSANI REDUCERS (YOU NEED THESE ON A 302 WITH THE BASSANI PIPE) at the best price. Don't bother looking for the cheap aluminum Y pipe, Bassani no longer makes it and the sites that still have it on their inventory actually DON'T and they will take FOREVER to issue a refund (I'm looking at you ANDYSAUTOSPORT).
SummitRacing has the Catco Y pipe (part 9322???????) and pretty much any 3" catalytic converter that you'll want. You can also order the Bassani to include a cat that MIGHT be legal in your state.
SummitRacing has PLENTY of mufflers to choose from too.
Autozone is the only place that I know carries the M30001. You'll probably need to cut a foot off of it to get it to fit in the Bronc.

Don't forget extra exhaust hangers that will fit a 3" pipe, band clamps if you're not gonna weld the exhaust (don't bother with the U Bolt clamps, they suck), and of course tools.

The Bassani Y is a PAIN IN THE ASS to install on the 302, especially because of those GODDAMN REDUCERS! The catco is probably a better bet for you, it's cheaper and not as much of a pain to install on the 302 from what I've heard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i took mine to a local shop and got true 2'50 dual exhaust with a dual in dual out 2 chamber flowmaster with 3in stainless tips and 2 magnaflow converters and a H pipe for around $515

1 - 6 of 6 Posts