Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so i bought this truck on friday, I LOVE it, personally BUT i have ONE problem.
i have 17" tires and 37s on it, i cannot turn the entire way without rubbing the frame with my tire* i dont care, i live in a city so it KINDA sucks pulling in and out of parking lots.
i have wheel spacers, but havent put them on, and i was wondering (SINCE most of you may have better insight to this than i do) what else i can do besides spacers? 3" lift too

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
i assume you mean 17" rims and 37" tires.... rim size doesn't matter, but i say smaller tires would fix the problem. 37's with a 3" lift is too much (is it even a suspension lift, or just a crappy body lift?) you can run 35x12.5's with no rubbing. IMO 33's would look about right on a '96 with 3" of lift though.

if you run spacers, you will increase scrub radius, resulting in even more (Far more) stress on steering parts, bearings, and other suspension components which are already over-stressed from scrubbing 37's around on asphalt all day.

another thing you can do, is just not turn the wheel all the way until they rub.

btw, when you turn (left for instance) you're left tire moves back in the wheel well slightly, and will rub on the back of you're fender, and the front of the cab/firewall as well. i suspect this is already a problem since you're running 37's. if you add wheel spacers, this will become more of a problem. turn the other way and you're rubbing you're tire into you're bumper probably (unless you have a non stock bumper) the opposite of course is true for a right turn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i meant 17" RIMS and 37" tires*

and the only place that rubs against is the frame, no fender rubbing/bending, JUST the frame.. but thats all im doing right now, is just not turning TOO much, its alright but i thought that much as well.
was hoping there could be a different way but it pretty much chekcs out.
thanks mate!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
do you have any pics of your truck? There really is no way you should be fitting 37's with a 3" lift (suspension or body???). Frame rub you'd have to have stockish backspace wheels, and you should also be rubbing radius arms big time. And I can't believe you don't rub the rear part of the fender when turning. Basically this tire will not fit with that little lift unless you have cut fenders.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i kid you not it just has a 3" lift body+Suspension (shocks+springs) and i DO rub radius arms i said frame to simplify, it actually isnt much left out when i turn after all so its not a big problem* ill take pictures though. i was bsuy today on making a mold for some subs im dropping in this week

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have any pics of your truck? There really is no way you should be fitting 37's with a 3" lift (suspension or body???). Frame rub you'd have to have stockish backspace wheels, and you should also be rubbing radius arms big time. And I can't believe you don't rub the rear part of the fender when turning. Basically this tire will not fit with that little lift unless you have cut fenders.
BTW not of the topic, but is that your horse on the avatar?
thats a nice horse, i have one at my ranch and the other at some stables i have friends/family taken care of*

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
i kid you not it just has a 3" lift body+Suspension (shocks+springs) and i DO rub radius arms i said frame to simplify, it actually isnt much left out when i turn after all so its not a big problem*
So you're actually rubbing the radius arms and NOT the frame? That's a huge difference in terms- nowhere close to the same.

Radius arm rubbing is very very common and even occurs with stock sized tires. It's no big deal- just back off the steering wheel when it makes contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts