Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Bronco and I was just wondering if I could take the grill guard/brush guard off my 06 f-350 and put it on the bronco. Or are there any grill guards that are interchangeable and would fit on a bronco or do you have to buy a bronco specific one.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
As far as bolt-on parts, any grille guard or brush guard from an 80-86 ford truck will work. Anything else will require varying amounts of fabrication. And there aren't many options for these trucks anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm mostly just wondering if the size will be off like whether the guards for the headlights will be in the right spot or if it will look like its not the correct size. I'm not to worried about getting it bolted on the truck as I'll probably just drill it onto the bumper and grill.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
The main issue is they are all cut to fit the profile of the bumper. And the bumpers' profiles changed every generation. Likely, any from a 73-96/7 would "fit" and cover the headlights somewhat properly. Though the newer you go, the more likely to have the headlight guards that wrap around the side a bit.

73-86 generally bolted to the bumper, using the factory bumper to frame bolts. 87+ usually clamped to the bumper.

I currently have in my possession 2 for 73-79, one for 80-86, and two (with headlight guards) for a 92-96/7. None of the mounts are the same between years. Even the two for the 73-79 mount differently.

Superduty brushguards mount to the tow hook pads most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts