Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 87 with a 302 and maf. it is hard to start in the a.m. and after it sits for a while. it will start only if i hold the pedal to the floor. i have cheched for codes and there are none. i have put new fuel pumps, pressure regulater, and the injectors. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bronco hard to start

i have done a search and i still need help. i have an 87 with a 302 and maf. it is hard to start in the a.m. and if it sits for a while. i have replaced the fuel pumps, regulater and the injectors. i have also checked for codes and there are none. i don't know what else to do!

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
am i hallucinating again? or did i read this somewhere else.

You really only need to post in one section, most of us read all the sections.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
jstraceing said:
ok i have an 87 with a 302 and maf. it is hard to start in the a.m. and after it sits for a while. it will start only if i hold the pedal to the floor. i have cheched for codes and there are none. i have put new fuel pumps, pressure regulater, and the injectors. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!!
Apparently it is getting too much fuel. Putting the pedal to the floor only allows more air into the system. An engine will only run when it gets a good air/fuel ratio.

Good luck,

:thumbup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did not use a kit. i made my own harness using a 91 mustang harness and my original. it also has the a9l computer and mass air meter. i should say that it did this before the conversion

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help guys. i'll try to find a short in the harness. if thats not it i'm lost.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hmm this seems to be my same exact problem same model same motor.. same everything... have you fixed it? if so what was it... this is such a pain in the arse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts