Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This is my first post to the forum. I've just purchased a 1982 Bronco, and need to get all new bolts and lag nuts (?) for attaching the hard top. I've been unable to find a kit on the internet, and my dealer wanted $14 for each bolt. Does anybody have a kit for sale, or does anybody have the thread type and size of the hardware (perhaps a Home Depot fix?). Thanks to all replies.

Austin Texas

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Just go to the hardware store, and get a bunch of bolts and washers. Bolt sizes should be about 1/4"-20, or 5/16"-18 and 1.5" long, for the bolts along the bedsides. The bolts around the cab area are the same size, but about 2.5" long

·
Registered
83 Posts
or you could just go to a junkyard and pull the set off one there....
That way you know they'll fit

G

·
I pulled all the plastic, carpet, and plastic trim out of the back and lined it. I through-bolted the shell down with 4 - 5/16ths bolts, nuts, & fender washers on to side of the shell. I use 3 of the original bolts & body clips, one in the center on the top and one on each side of the cab. I did this to make the rear cargo area tuffer and easier to clean and faster/easier to get the top on and off (no plastic trim to remove/replace and only 3 of those fine thread bolts and clips to deal with). It may not look as nice but is more functional.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank for the replies. Does anybody have the thread count for the factory lag nuts? i have some of those leftover, and I wanted to get bolts that fit them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
jsut line a bolt up witha ruler and count how many threads are in a 1 inch area. that will give it to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts