Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With FSB no longer being made, and with my personal FSB having way more money in it than it worth. Where do you guys get your insurance to cover the cost of your FSB. I have had full coverage on my since new however now if it is stolen of damaged slightly the insurance company will only cover the value not the cost. I have spent that last couple days watching Barrett Jackson and I went online to Hagerty Insurance. The qoute was cheap but I am unsure about the coverage of coat vs value.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Those type of policies put a lot of limits on you. With many of them, you must store the vehicle in a locked garage, can't drive it to work, or use it for "daily driving" tasks, only use for pleasure driving, can only log so many miles a year, etc...

It is a stated value policy- your quote is based on the value you tell them. If it's stolen or totalled, they stroke you a check for the stated value.

There may be other options out there.

Watching B-J now myself. :thumbup

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I only drive mine about 3k a year and it stays locked up in an in door building. I am paying 600 per year how ever if the building burnt down or it was stolen they would only cover the NADA value and not the cost. The qoute I got online was 550 per year....I think I will call them to gather more info.. thanks

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
You need to get specialty insurance. Talk to your agent about it but basically you have to have the truck appraised by the ins. company then you and the ins comp. come to a pay out amount for the truck. Best to have this done after your restoration. Take lots of pics or the restoration and all of your receipts. Only driving the low amount of miles you plan will help the premiums a lot. It may cost a little more but I have found it to be reasonable.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, specialty insurance is the way to go. I have a couple cars insured through JC Taylor and for full coverage on a car assessed at $25,000 and another at $10,000 it costs me $100/year. I'm limited to 5k miles/year, but they only see that combined.

This doesn't work for a daily driver, for that you'll have to go through standard insurance and pay a rate based on the agreed upon value and unlimited usage. Think of insurance rates equivalent to a new vehicle with comprehensive coverage *shudders*.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts