Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
I build beautiful things. And they pay me for it
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yep, that's a roller block. See the two threaded bosses in the lifter valley? That's where the spider bolts in that holds the dog bones in place.

I'd try getting a bit more for the lightning intake if you can. Though your current deal is not bad by any means. When I desktop dynoed my own 351w with that cam, the graph started at 2000 rpm. At that point I was putting out Max torque of 475 ft lbs. I had ported AFR165 heads and about 10.5 to 1 compression. As soon as I touched the throttle, the engine roared to life. I wish I'd gotten a chance to tune it properly.
Yep, that's a roller block. See the two threaded bosses in the lifter valley? That's where the spider bolts in that holds the dog bones in place.

I'd try getting a bit more for the lightning intake if you can. Though your current deal is not bad by any means. When I desktop dynoed my own 351w with that cam, the graph started at 2000 rpm. At that point I was putting out Max torque of 475 ft lbs. I had ported AFR165 heads and about 10.5 to 1 compression. As soon as I touched the throttle, the engine roared to life. I wish I'd gotten a chance to tune it properly.
I hear you BIGBLUE about the lightning intake asking a little more....I could put it on the internet, and wait. But nobody beating my door down for it but this one guy. and hes building a lightning. wont be lightning without these original parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
He needed it moren I did. And my swap will be easier with the eddy. It's on back order until 06/25/20 fromjegs. Getting to where you cant build these old trucks anymore. but when go to the get together car show at the hardees, all I see is 6 liter Chevy fuel injected under a hood of any make. Depressing. I walk through a field of 6.0 and I stop when I see a carbureted engine. that's cool. That's different. my bronco will be different. next thing I build tho.....I want to do something hateful carbed. 2 4barrels.

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,618 Posts
My fiveology kit and intakes came in. I figure I'll hook the mass air up to the 5.0 whilevi wait on my builder guy. I wonder where I can get some 24lb injectors
From Orey's build thread...

Fuel Injectors

What: Accel Fuel Injectors - 24 LB/HR - EV1 Part No. 150824
Where: Advance Auto
Why: Outside of the engine, this was the most expensive purchase. Uncomfortable purchasing remanufactured injectors. Ford Performance sells 24lb injectors, but they use an adapter to fit the Bronco’s EV1 plugs. Read several reviews where folks had problems with those. Choice really came down to Accel or Trickflow. A $50 off coupon at Advance made that decision.
Note: These were drop shipped directly from Holley.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
At this point the whole has changed. I could start a new thread, I'm keeping it here for those that follow, all the favors I did for my engine builder, hes giving me these eddy heads with 1.6 double or triple spring with roller rockers. He knows someone at comp cam says he gonna have them custom grind me a stump puller. Hes gonna ask his cam guy what tork converter I should get, and we build it all around the scat 393 crank

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Hes been invited to street outlaws no prep in rockingham on the 20th , me and some guys from work are going to spectate

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
My dad totaled his 2001. 7.3 f350. I've been back and forth with this lightning to 393.....I think I want a 7.3 powerstoke in it, I started a new post....but thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
apparently i only "liked" a couple early posts and never subscribed....

if you're trying to save some bucks, why not swap that 8.8 with 4.10's to your bronco and then just regear the front? i realize you might prefer 4.56 but if you're wanting a little juice without much effort, that's a good place to start.

or just swap the 4.10 and see if it satisfies you. and if not, then you know if you want to go 4.56 or even 4.88.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Want to sell that lightning body?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,217 Posts
Powerstroke it for sure! The 7.3 is my favorite engine of all time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Want to sell that lightning body?
It's already gone
Powerstroke it for sure! The 7.3 is my favorite engine of all time.
I looked into it, somebody on you tube has done it, he had to cab off to fit the motor in, I'd have to get that year trans for four wheel drive. Itll just put me back too far. That's for a start fresh project and build around the motor. I'll go back to the 393 plan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

if you're trying to save some bucks, why not swap that 8.8 with 4.10's to your bronco and then just regear the front? i realize you might prefer 4.56 but if you're wanting a little juice without much effort, that's a good place to start.

or just swap the 4.10 and see if it satisfies you. and if not, then you know if you want to go 4.56 or even 4.88.

I'm pickin up what you puttin down Dash.. haven't heard back from insurance company yet. As to do I own it or not.(the 7.3 sd) and not sure what the buy back $ will be. I'm a take my lightning 351, and build a 393. I'll stay the course with this 91 build. And after my motor in the hole, I'll look at gears. I dont own the totalled 7.3 yet....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Big Blue 94, I have the eddy heads upper and lower intake, the fiveology, I'm dead set decided I want the skat 393 crank. What lbs fuel injectors and what pressure fuel pump ? Or any body else that has an opinion

61 - 77 of 77 Posts