Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
91 Bronco, 351 lightning motor, 6 inch lift 35inch tires
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yep, that's a roller block. See the two threaded bosses in the lifter valley? That's where the spider bolts in that holds the dog bones in place.

I'd try getting a bit more for the lightning intake if you can. Though your current deal is not bad by any means. When I desktop dynoed my own 351w with that cam, the graph started at 2000 rpm. At that point I was putting out Max torque of 475 ft lbs. I had ported AFR165 heads and about 10.5 to 1 compression. As soon as I touched the throttle, the engine roared to life. I wish I'd gotten a chance to tune it properly.
Yep, that's a roller block. See the two threaded bosses in the lifter valley? That's where the spider bolts in that holds the dog bones in place.

I'd try getting a bit more for the lightning intake if you can. Though your current deal is not bad by any means. When I desktop dynoed my own 351w with that cam, the graph started at 2000 rpm. At that point I was putting out Max torque of 475 ft lbs. I had ported AFR165 heads and about 10.5 to 1 compression. As soon as I touched the throttle, the engine roared to life. I wish I'd gotten a chance to tune it properly.
I hear you BIGBLUE about the lightning intake asking a little more....I could put it on the internet, and wait. But nobody beating my door down for it but this one guy. and hes building a lightning. wont be lightning without these original parts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
He needed it moren I did. And my swap will be easier with the eddy. It's on back order until 06/25/20 fromjegs. Getting to where you cant build these old trucks anymore. but when go to the get together car show at the hardees, all I see is 6 liter Chevy fuel injected under a hood of any make. Depressing. I walk through a field of 6.0 and I stop when I see a carbureted engine. that's cool. That's different. my bronco will be different. next thing I build tho.....I want to do something hateful carbed. 2 4barrels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
When this is all over I'll have a spare 302 and some gt40 heads

61 - 63 of 63 Posts