Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My bronco is currently under the knife (8 lug). My friend Mike is loaning me his bronco until I get mine on the road again.

Mike is the guy who went with me to Mudtoberfest. He's the guy with the tattoo in this picture. I'm the retard in the blue.

-matt

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Man good freind. most of mine wont even let me sit in the driver seat:)

Guy I went wheelin with here lent his Race(OFFROAD) Jeep to a freind last winter. REason was as he put it. "Well I can't break it he sure as hell can't:)"

your Buddy has a nice lookin Bronco..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) :) :)
He was telling me that he thought nobody would believe that he actually has a bronco, since he didn't bring his to that ride (Mudtoberfest).
Yup, he actually has one. 1996. About 60K miles on it. 302, 5 speed, and will be receiving a solid front axle shortly (something similar to what I did to mine)... well, after he gets the parts he needs to build himself a bike first.
(been watching too much American Chopper I guess :) )
Mike's a good guy.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Good looking truck hes got there.

Whats it currently running? Looks like its built pretty well...

·
Registered
769 Posts
id borrow people my truck too if i was as big as him..."if you break it, i break you" lol

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey Matt, here's how these projects are 'supposed' to work. ;)

Step 1: Cut all the perches and brackets off of the old housing.

Step 2: Verify that all the brake lines, brake hardware, etc is functional, and procure replacement spring perches, top plates, u-bolts, and shock brackets.

Step 3: Remove busted 8.8

I think you got a little carried away about getting the old axle out from under the truck. :D

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
J A F O said:
:) and will be receiving a solid front axle shortly (something similar to what I did to mine
Oh no! Well, just make sure his trac bar bushings are tight :goodfinge

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seboh said:
Hey Matt, here's how these projects are 'supposed' to work. ;)

Step 1: Cut all the perches and brackets off of the old housing.

Step 2: Verify that all the brake lines, brake hardware, etc is functional, and procure replacement spring perches, top plates, u-bolts, and shock brackets.

Step 3: Remove busted 8.8

I think you got a little carried away about getting the old axle out from under the truck. :D
Agreed. Problem is I bent the axle tube on the 8.8 and boogered up another shaft. I wasn't planning for this swap to begin now, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on 8.8 #3 for this truck, especially while I had the Sterling just sitting on my garage floor.
Ideally, the Sterling would have already been locked and geared, I'd have had rims and tires waiting, and my D44 8 lug stuff would've been ready to go also.
I wasn't exactly prepared for this right now. Especially with the holidays and all. But oh well, I don't think I'd know how to act if everything started going smoothly, so this just seems pretty normal, I guess. :)

-matt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts