Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night on my way home i was sitting at a stop light and my truck decide it wanted to make love to the back of the 05 dodge stratus in front of me.
Actually The light turned green and we both started to go and she slammed on her brakes. Well as I am sure you all know lifted FSB's don't stop on a dime. well needless to say I need a new grill and headlight, and she needs a new car. I broke both her taillights and pushed both quater panels forward about a half an inch, and pushed her trunk lid in over 6" and I only hit her doing like 10-15mph can't imagine hitting her at like 30 mph.

Anyway it sux cause I won't be able to drive my bronc after I loose my lisence for to many traffic violations. Anyway I don't have any pics cause all I had was my phone so sorry. But just thought everyone needed an update.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but the road rules don't regulate off road driving. Now I just have to find someone to trailer my truck for me. Oh well I guess it will give me time to get everything fixed on my truck so when I do get it back I will have a nice truck again.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
why did she slam on her brakes?

reminds me of the time i was waiting at a light once, light turned green, i went, car heading the other way turned right in front of me and totally cut me off, i slammed on the brakes narrowly missing them, but the guy behind me nailed me. he was pissed at me until i explained what happened, he never saw the car cutting me off. so the car who cut me off and caused the accident sped off, never to be seen again, it sucked.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
sorry your going to "loose" your license, but if you have that many traffic violation maybe you need a break from the road.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She told the cop that the light turned yellow. Which it didn't because it was still green when I went through it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry your going to "loose" your license, but if you have that many traffic violation maybe you need a break from the road.
yeah they are all speeding violations. none of them are over 10 mph over the limit. Just when you young and drive a big truck cops seem to like to hassel you. In fact just a couple of weeks ago I got pulled over because I don't have a front lisence plate.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
try being young in a mach 1, goit a ton of attention, but if i was respecful and courteous they usually let me go.

Anyway, maybe after the first couple violations you could have tried slowing down??. It sucks they were for such low speed, hell i drive 5-10 over usually, but if i knew my liscense was in jeopardy it may make my driving habits change. As for the accident, sucks, sounds like there wasnt much you could do, but thats why i give lots of room to the people in front, people sue at the drop of a hat here, gotta be careful.

As for front plate, if you didnt have a front plate, you should expect it to happen, at least thats my mindset with the stang.

Good luck on the next go-round, might want to slow it down a touch.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah probably. I know what you mean about being young and having a mustang. I had an 89 5.0 ragtop bright red black top, altezza tails and a 3" flowmaster x pipe with dual 40 series. tell me about it. I was always careful in that one.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Careful about the "road rules don't regulate offroad" mentality. Double check the rules wherever you are going unless you are going to be on private land of somebody you have permission from. A lot of the trails I've found have a rule that you have to be street legal (ie have a license) to be on the trails. At least that is true on the national forest trails I've found. Maybe Idaho is different though, heck they don't require motorcyclists to wear helmets so obviously they don't care too much.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that is the truth. I am just going to take a saturday and go take the defensive driving course so I can keep my license. I need to have it. I was hoping to make it through may with out losing it. ie getting ticketed. because all but the 2 tickets I got last year will be droping off.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Careful about the "road rules don't regulate offroad" mentality. Double check the rules wherever you are going unless you are going to be on private land of somebody you have permission from. A lot of the trails I've found have a rule that you have to be street legal (ie have a license) to be on the trails. At least that is true on the national forest trails I've found. Maybe Idaho is different though, heck they don't require motorcyclists to wear helmets so obviously they don't care too much.
yeah they are called motor vehicle violations

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think for what it is worth this was coming for you my friend. Sorry it had to happen to you like that but maybe that little light in your head will turn on and you will come to realize there really is no need for speeding. Leave a few mins earlier and dont drive the crap out of your rig. One you will save on gas, wear and tear on your rig, two no tickets (more money in your pocket & keep your lisence. We are not your dad here you know just some friendly advise, life is alot simpler if you just slow down and think about what your doing.

As for a the car Not to much you can do about that other then give them a bit more room and dont tailgate. Good luck with everything and just think it can only get better from here Keep your head up

Nate

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd just love to pay your insurance premiums.....
:shocked
Maybe you ought to buy a Hyundai Sonata and:

1) Slow the hell down:goodfinge
2) Learn to drive:chili:
3) Save some cash:toothless

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Well last night on my way home i was sitting at a stop light and my truck decide it wanted to make love to the back of the 05 dodge stratus in front of me.
Actually The light turned green and we both started to go and she slammed on her brakes. Well as I am sure you all know lifted FSB's don't stop on a dime. well needless to say I need a new grill and headlight, and she needs a new car. I broke both her taillights and pushed both quater panels forward about a half an inch, and pushed her trunk lid in over 6" and I only hit her doing like 10-15mph can't imagine hitting her at like 30 mph.

Anyway it sux cause I won't be able to drive my bronc after I loose my lisence for to many traffic violations. Anyway I don't have any pics cause all I had was my phone so sorry. But just thought everyone needed an update.
You need to keep clean for quite some time. You're your own worst enemy. You already have a bunch of violations, so when the cop shows up, regardless of your age, he's going to go back to the patrol car, pull you up and the person you hit, and voila!! Who is going to get the benefit of the doubt??? NOT you....you hit her from behind (you were too close my friend) and are loaded up with traffic infractions. you lose. It's a vicious cycle you're in.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah I don't know I have been really good lately about watching my speed, you know as much as possible when your speedo is 10mph off. But I am in the middle of fixing that too. I just found out the insurance is going to cover it with no out of pocket persay but I know my premiums are going up. THey really aren't that bad for my bronco and the wifes exploder it only costs me like 180 a month which is expensiveI know but not as bad as it could be.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
yeah I don't know I have been really good lately about watching my speed, you know as much as possible when your speedo is 10mph off. But I am in the middle of fixing that too. I just found out the insurance is going to cover it with no out of pocket persay but I know my premiums are going up. THey really aren't that bad for my bronco and the wifes exploder it only costs me like 180 a month which is expensiveI know but not as bad as it could be.
That's not terrible, but certainly pretty sucky.

1) '95 bronco
1) '00 Mountaineer
+ towing

= $61/mo. for us.:goodfinge

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
I pay $75 a month for my 90 bronco... Teenager, that is with all kinds of discounts and being on the parents bill.

How the hell do you speed in a bronco? I can't even do the speed limit in mine..

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
10mph is easy, just know how its off and adjust accordingly. My old bronco was 5 off anytime above 55. Just gotta know and adjust.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts