Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, if any of you are in or near Miami. I was thinking we could do a meet and great at a Fudruckers or something in either Miami or Broward. Would be kool to thro back some beers and swap some ideas about our trucks. Get back to me if your interested. Won't do it unless we get at least 4-6 people as definate attendees. Also if someone wants to take over setting it up, be my guest. I figure there ain't much to it other than Setting the Place, Date and Time.

KenRod:goodfinge

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
I might be interested if the weekend is right.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I spend most of my time out on the road, so if anyone wants to get 4-5 people together we can do this maybe next month? My email is [email protected], cell is 305.305.4159. I would try one of thos contact first rather than sending an PM here.:toothless

Give me a holler anytime.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DM-V

Well guys. I will be heading out the weekend of the Feb. 29th, March 1st and 2nd to Bear Island with my club (consisting of 10 of my best buds). We will be heading out Friday night via the US-41 out to a dirt road that takes you north about a 1/2-1hr. past the I-75 where the grounds are located. It is normally infested with hunters but the season's over and we should have it to ourselves, about 7 of us are confirmed to go. It consists of a few friends that get together a few times a year for some relaxing camping. It is not an off-roading trip, but we do use our trucks to get out there, BRONX will be there as will my bro's Bronco too. If your familiar with the location and would like to come along for some laid back talk, heavy drinking:rockon and grillin dogs and burgers. Then feel free to contact me by PM or email. The link to my club is in my FSB profile under the homepage section. You can get all the info you need from there including satellite pics of where we are going and bio's on the other members of the club.

Take care and TTYL.

:beer

P.S. If you live farther north than Ft. Lauderdale then this prob. not the trip for you since you will be driving for a bit before getting to the grounds. And you cannot access the dirt road from I-75 due to barricade's preventing access from the highway.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Im down to meet up and have beers one weekend. Im in the Palm Beach Gardens area, But would be worth the trip.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up I will be on the road until I get back and head out for the marshlands. I leave it up to you to get the info. available on this link:

http://groups.google.com/group/dirt-monkey

I am going to check the site out right now to make sure my personal info. is there incase you get lost so you can call. Our cell phones work since we are only a few miles from a tower. This is an 90% primative camping area. If your a camper then you know what that means. Basically all there is are trails and secluded lots to pitch a tent (no pun intended, lol).:toothless

Just so you know, I will be available on my cell all week from 8am-8pm. So if you have any questions be sure to give me a ring at 305.305.4159.

Just make sure you let me know your info before coming aswell as a time approximation so you don't alarm anyone in the group during the wee hours of the night. I don't think you want some hairy drunk guy chasing after you with a stick in the middle of no where.:shocked Oh......Make sure you BYOB and food. I will be on CH-19 on the CB if you need assist.

I am out of here, take care.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Directions

There is no address for this site currently as far as I know. I had to plot it on my GPS after the first time we went out there.

First you going to take:
Tamiami Trail (US-41) West bound until SR-839 which is a gravel road.
Go North on SR-839 approx. 12 miles and look for an over pass.
That is I-75, pass it an additional 1/4-1/2 mile and the entrance to Bear Island will be on the right.
Go East down the trail and do not get off it.
You will come to a 90 degree turn taking you North followed by another 90 degree turn taking you East.
Continue down this trail. You should be within CB range to call over Ch-19 now. If not try calling me on my cell and I will walk you in.

That's it, pretty cut throat and easy. Refer to the image below, End of the Road signifies Bear Island entrance.

Here is the link to my site file if the image does not work for you:
http://dirt-monkey.googlegroups.com...HcmG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDRp0qKhKru19VP04znrfwKo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts