Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin into getting a stereo for my bronco I would like to get one that will play mp3s but, I dont want to spend a ton of money. Whats the best bang for the buck cd/mp3 player? What about bang for the buck speakers 6.5 and 6x9's.

·
Registered
463 Posts
ive got a pioneer head unit, rockford speakers & i love em. dont 4get some subs. i got 2 12" aluminum coned MOMOs & they thump.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Beerman needs to chime in right here. He knows way more about that shit than me. I've just got a sony head unit, two 6" Cerwin Vega's in the door, two 6x8 Cerwin Vega's in the rear, with two MTX 10's in the rear of my '95, and a Pioneer head unit, factory fronts and two pioneer 5x8's in the rear of my '94....:shrug

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. I dont know jack about car stereos whats a good brand im lookin to spend a bout 350 tops and i want to be able to play cds wtih mp3s burned to them. I cant stand that rap/bass stuff do I still need to get subs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
cd player

Now there are a couple very good player for mp3 put on cd try Kenwood. I bought an excelon 559 for 225 off ebay. The newer Excelon models now have support for the mp3s and good speakers are a must as are subs. Yes even country and other music besides rap have some considerable bass to it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
check out Eclipse's 2003 decks. Unmatched warranty, free theft replacement and a new pricing setup this year. www.eclipse-web.com

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
for a head unit I would go with eclipse or alpine. They are pretty much the best Head unit's you can get!. As for speakers I would go for Infinity speakers they are of the best sound quality and if you can afford it go for the kappas from infinity. It is worth the extra money

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just goto your local Best Buy/Circuit City...for that kinda money your not gonna get anything top-end anyway. Go in, see what you like..buy it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Either go for the Sony CDX-MP70 or the CDX-MP80. I have the MP70 in my 96 bronco and it is the best stereo. It uses Sony's mega super ultra skip protection and it has spiffy dial knobs for ultra fast track searching. Plus, the backlight has several colors that you can change. It loads the cd in a tray just like a CD-ROM drive in a computer. This stereo sounds great, supports MP3s nicely and has never skipped on me from shock(only messed up MP3 files have done it). Goes for about 280 or so on Ebay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys im by no means lookin for a top of the line stuff. I have a hard time spending lots of money on stuff that doesnt make my vehicles go faster or look better so its bargin basement for the stereo. Plus I dont want some dipshit breakin my window for a mega buck stereo. Right now most of my$ is going to this.....

G

·
SNIBB said:
sony is quite far from the best or top of the line.
:wtf
sony might not be the best, but it is DEFINITELY top of the line... they have very good products now, and i would not think twice about spending the money on one of their decks.

tunedup - if i could suggest something to you... you might want to try stopping in on one of your local pawn shops... i know - sounds dirty and busted, but i picked up a real nice alpine deck from one for 85, and its perfect/almost brand new... they dont know what they're talking about most of the time and will drop everything at the sight of cash, and you can just make up some b.s. :thumbup

·
Registered
239 Posts
KENNY said:
:wtf
sony might not be the best, but it is DEFINITELY top of the line... they have very good products now, and i would not think twice about spending the money on one of their decks.
when it comes to home stereo i agree 100%, sony IS top of the line, but car audio? i'd say they are more of a mid-grade brand, i'd spend my money on a nice pioneer deck before a sony any day of the week, pioneer just makes GREAT car audio, as well as JVC, alpine, eclipse, and there is a few other really good brands... don't get me wrong, sony is by no means a BAD brand, but it certainly isn't the best...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts