Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was driving around town going to get some lunch. I hear a faint rumbling and look behnd me to see an '87-'91 bodystyled Bronco in the lane next to me. The exhaust on it sounded like it had a 351 in it. It was Black with Red rocker panels and a Red top. It had 22 inch chrome rims that looked like absolute crap. I think it was lifted a couple inches. It had the DUB 22" emblems on the front fenders. Anyways, my dad and I saw it and started busting up laughing. It looked so bad. Just thought I would share with you guys. I wish I had my camera so I could've gotten pics for ya.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Kinda like this?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
So today I was driving around town going to get some lunch. I hear a faint rumbling and look behnd me to see an '87-'91 bodystyled Bronco in the lane next to me. The exhaust on it sounded like it had a 351 in it. It was Black with Red rocker panels and a Red top. It had 22 inch chrome rims that looked like absolute crap. I think it was lifted a couple inches. It had the DUB 22" emblems on the front fenders. Anyways, my dad and I saw it and started busting up laughing. It looked so bad. Just thought I would share with you guys. I wish I had my camera so I could've gotten pics for ya.
I can relate, but on a performance area. I was rolling thru Pittsburgh and in the rear view I see lights and a Escalade with big rims...probably 22s pulled up beside me and just hung there and I had the windows open and heard him floor it and not go anywhere really. So I gased it and pulled a 1/2 lenght ahead of him and he gave it all he had aparently. I just give it 1/2 throttle and away I went. never caught me. Man I was laughing so hard...

Ok Im done now talking about stupid childish stuff :brownbag:

EDIT: And in my deffense, he was driving lil' like a dick :beer:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I can relate, but on a performance area. I was rolling thru Pittsburgh and in the rear view I see lights and a Escalade with big rims...probably 22s pulled up beside me and just hung there and I had the windows open and heard him floor it and not go anywhere really. So I gased it and pulled a 1/2 lenght ahead of him and he gave it all he had aparently. I just give it 1/2 throttle and away I went. never caught me. Man I was laughing so hard...

Ok Im done now talking about stupid childish stuff :brownbag:

EDIT: And in my deffense, he was driving lil' like a dick :beer:
Honestly he was probably not giving it all, unless your bronco is really souped up, a escalade will blow the doors off a bronco

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm gonna run 20s got a problem with that?!

cept they're gonna be powdered black and wrapped in 42" Michelin XLs

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Honestly he was probably not giving it all, unless your bronco is really souped up, a escalade will blow the doors off a bronco
Don't know any specs on them, but, Im betting it wasn't regeared and The rims where huge. If he didn't floor it, that motor is just plain loud at crusing speed!

No, my motor isn't souped up, but its low mileage so its not worn out and it hauls @$$ pretty good.

Even cruzing up hill he would loose speed very quickly. (He tagged along for a while)

I'm gonna run 20s got a problem with that?!

cept they're gonna be powdered black and wrapped in 42" Michelin XLs
If that was aimed at me, I don't care what you run. And I dont have a problem with it either. I just think people with outrageously big rims is stupid IMO. If you have a car that looks good with them, more power to ya. The escalade didn't look THAT stupid, but I just dont like them. I think most people that run big rims (over 20") are mostly mall crawlers. I just don't like big rims and all.

KC :beer

·
Registered
797 Posts
Don't know any specs on them, but, Im betting it wasn't regeared and The rims where huge. If he didn't floor it, that motor is just plain loud at crusing speed!

No, my motor isn't souped up, but its low mileage so its not worn out and it hauls @$$ pretty good.

Even cruzing up hill he would loose speed very quickly. (He tagged along for a while)

If that was aimed at me, I don't care what you run. And I dont have a problem with it either. I just think people with outrageously big rims is stupid IMO. If you have a car that looks good with them, more power to ya. The escalade didn't look THAT stupid, but I just dont like them. I think most people that run big rims (over 20") are mostly mall crawlers. I just don't like big rims and all.

Yeah but if I recall stock i think there at 340 hp, even with my 7 series on 20's dont notice a huge differnce so i doubt the escalade is feeling anything.

Either way broncos on rims are gay

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Nope it wasn't. I'm just bored. I don't like the fact that I'm gonna run 20's but considering the size of the tire, and the fact that I'm gonna try to keep my truck decent for the road (hence the cummins) they just work. Military tires are cheap and last a long time. Trust me, they wont be blingin. Oh and its not a mall crawler, I'm gonna beat the piss outta that thing.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Kinda like this?

Ewwww!!! Ok.
I don't know what goes through these peoples minds. 4x4 not 4x4 fo sho pho!
Lmao!!
:histerica

IMO, These trucks are not ment to be on 'dubs' , on 42" that's another story! but for the street? Escalades, SS's, Denali's, Lincoln's, and maybe the rest of the Ford Fullsize line but not broncos. :twak You don't put 'dubs' on a car/truck that is pre 'dub' era. I just doesn't look right! Again my opinion!
D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That Bronco doesn't look too bad, but the one I saw had those rims where there were barely any holes/cutouts so the whole wheel looked like a huge chunk of aluminum/chrome. Looked like chit. I like the 20s and 22s, and if you have a car or trucj that they look good on then congrats to you. But Broncos look weird with those kinda rims on them. IMO.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,336 Posts
I acutally don't think the one in the pic looks that bad at all.
Get rid of the hood scoops and I'd drive it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I think it would be a really cool dd or tow vehicle. I like it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i dont mind big wheels, its hard for me to find ones i like, but a clean stock bko on 22-24's wouldnt look half bad with the right wheels. that said, i have 24's on my lightningm in the rear, 22's up front

1 - 17 of 17 Posts