Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i have a 95 full size..

first off my trany leaked all its fluid within a few min.. what would cause that... how hard and expencive is it to fix??

second my back window wont go up or down without someone pushing or pullin on it.. it makes a grinding sound till it is push or pulled on.. any ideas?

third will a 4inch lift from a 1985 full size bronco fit on a 1995??

fourth when im at a stop at start to go my truck immediatly shift or feels like it.. any idea what that could be???

thanks to anyone that helps with these problems just tryin to get my bronco ready for summer lake trips(albquerque new mexico)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Regarding lift, yes it will fit. Your fourth question doesn't make a lot of sense but with that many issues I would say about time for a ZF5. Window thing, I can't tell yea since I've never had mine apart. But it sounds like the motor is binding. There is 500,000 posts on rear window problems try searching.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The tranny of all trannys. Wow that doesn't sound good.

5 spd transmission with a 5.72 first gear and .76 overdrive.

In all honesty if you don't like standard trannys you should just go to a scrap yard and get another auto one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha sounds a lil wrong.. im on a small budget right now so trying to find cheap ways to fix it.. people have told me the rears its leaking is the front pump seal is bad?

·
Registered
215 Posts
its a 5 speed manual with granny gear and overdrive, considered to be the cream of the crop for bronco owners. though they didn't come with them from the factory (only f250 and 350s did i believe), there are many people who have installed one in their truck. i will be converting my 4 speed to a zf5 when i get the time and money myself. look up "bronco zf5 swap."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have any idea what years the f-250s had the FZ5? there is a junk yard here that i can go pull the trany myself ant its like 100 $ so i might go get one

·
Registered
215 Posts
your going to want to find a zf s5-42 or s5-47, do a google search on it for more info, but here is a start. http://www.mackstrans.com/ZFID.html. shouldn't be a whole lot of work, but you will most likely have some things that need to be modified. there are many threads for people who have done the e40d to zf5 swap, and can tell you exactly what is included.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I dont think that a bad u joint on the axle would cause that, my right axle u joint had seized in the front and it never made any noises when turning. besides that, you would have to be in 4 wheel to make it pop wouldn't you? I'd check your radius arm and axle pivot bushings first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts